GTX970 question

Theonelemon

Was wondering, since the Asus GTX970 DC2OC BLACK has a 6+8 pin connector compared to the STRIX's 8 pin connector, this means that the BLACK can be overclocked higher and have better performance when overclocked to the max right? Also aren't the cooltech fans better for keeping the card cool?

It means more power , maybe or maybe not better overclocking , depends on the card .

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Was wondering, since the Asus GTX970 DC2OC BLACK has a 6+8 pin connector compared to the STRIX's 8 pin connector, this means that the BLACK can be overclocked higher and have better performance when overclocked to the max right? Also aren't the cooltech fans better for keeping the card cool?

I still recommend the G1 card.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

It means more power , maybe or maybe not better overclocking , depends on the card .

This.

CPU 4790k – Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Formula - RAM 32GBs (8GBx4) 2400Mhz TRIDENT-X – GPU GTX 1080 MSI – Case Obsidian 450D –Storage Corsair / OCZ SSD – PSU Corsair HX850i –Display ASUS ROG SWIFT PG178Q 1440p 144Hz – Cooling Noctua NH-D15

This.

Then why comment. Go back to Reddit with your this garbage.

They should have put the 6+8 pin on the STRIX as it was their flagship design. It doesn't matter much as the 970/980 are stupid fast anyway.

Then why comment. Go back to Reddit with your this garbage.

Nice to meet you. Sorry to bother!

CPU 4790k – Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Formula - RAM 32GBs (8GBx4) 2400Mhz TRIDENT-X – GPU GTX 1080 MSI – Case Obsidian 450D –Storage Corsair / OCZ SSD – PSU Corsair HX850i –Display ASUS ROG SWIFT PG178Q 1440p 144Hz – Cooling Noctua NH-D15