sleeving a V wire?

MeDownYou
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

Well It's a wire my friend gave me to sleeve to fit his build with his 750ti. It's actually a molex to 6 pin.

Hold on I'll take a picture...

attachicon.gif0503150235.jpg

Ok that makes sense I was a bit confused when you said the wire is only 6 inches long. Hmm that's going a bit very difficult to sleeve especially using the heatshrinkless method since it is not going to have much wiggle room when you try to install it back into the connector but I have seen it done before. The sleeving needs to have a slot or have both ends of the sleeving meeting at a cut angle to melt together.

Here's the idea or concept:

http://www.overclock.net/t/662039/cable-sleeving-gallery-discussion/9370

So, I have a wire that Is one connector to two separate connectors. 

How should I go about sleeving this ( I was using a heatshrinkless method on the single wires)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

So, I have a wire that Is one connector to two separate connectors. 

How should I go about sleeving this ( I was using a heatshrinkless method on the single wires)

The double wire method works very well to split a cable if that's what is need:

The double wire method works very well to split a cable if that's what is need:

not exactly what I was thinking, my connector is only like 6 inches and has ample room in the connector(and wont look horrible) I was just curious how I could do it heatshrinkless instead of with heatshrink

The Vinyl Decal guy.

not exactly what I was thinking, my connector is only like 6 inches and has ample room in the connector(and wont look horrible) I was just curious how I could do it heatshrinkless instead of with heatshrink

What wire are you planning to sleeve, since you can still achieve the heatshrinkless look, all that needs to be done is to hide the splice behind the motherboard tray to conceal that joint. 

What wire are you planning to sleeve, since you can still achieve the heatshrinkless look, all that needs to be done is to hide the splice behind the motherboard tray to conceal that joint. 

Well It's a wire my friend gave me to sleeve to fit his build with his 750ti. It's actually a molex to 6 pin.

post-172131-0-50802400-1430638667_thumb.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Oh, and you don't have to tell me how bad these cheap connectors are, I know all too well. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

attachicon.gif0503150235.jpg

Ok that makes sense I was a bit confused when you said the wire is only 6 inches long. Hmm that's going a bit very difficult to sleeve especially using the heatshrinkless method since it is not going to have much wiggle room when you try to install it back into the connector but I have seen it done before. The sleeving needs to have a slot or have both ends of the sleeving meeting at a cut angle to melt together.

How's this look?

post-172131-0-34155300-1430677849_thumb.

post-172131-0-55702500-1430677850_thumb.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Looks good I would make sure it fits inside the connector before going too much further though just to make sure.

Looks, like It works well :D

First cable ever sleeved, previous paracord burning experience made this job a lot easier, and better looking too. Honestly I can say the hardest part was getting the pins out of the actual connectors (then again I was using two staples and a bobbypin...) Anyway, here is the end result:

post-172131-0-30885300-1430680741_thumb.post-172131-0-12671200-1430680742_thumb.

The Vinyl Decal guy.