copy programs from one drive to another

hey,

As my current 3tb wd black is filling up i decided to get another one. I was thinking of putting these in raid 0. i keep a dubbel backup of my data so i am not concerned about anything failing. however, i was wondering. if i put these drives in raid 0 and give them the same drive letter as the original drive, will all my programs en shortcuts work or not?

thanks in advance.

hey,

As my current 3tb wd black is filling up i decided to get another one. I was thinking of putting these in raid 0. i keep a dubbel backup of my data so i am not concerned about anything failing. however, i was wondering. if i put these drives in raid 0 and give them the same drive letter as the original drive, will all my programs en shortcuts work or not?

thanks in advance.

Hey Griffscavern,

Setting up a RAID formats all drives in the array so you would lose everything on them. You would need to back up your data on a third drive and then restore it after you are done with setting up your RAID. Also I wouldn't advise you to use non-NAS/RAID class drives for this as it involves higher risk of data corruption/loss or drive dropout. If you, however go for a RAID solution, I would strongly recommend to have a backup on an external storage drive. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/