Worth getting ARMA II for DayZ etc at this time?

Coombzy

so as you know ARMA II is available on the steam sale I would only get it for DayZ and wasteland etc but I hear its full of hackers and is not worth the time has anybody experienced this or think its a bad idea to buy the game now?

Yes it is full of hackers but you can find private server that have very active admins which drastically cuts down on hackers. I personally think it is worth it because Arma 2 is one of my most played games (granted that is from the ACE mod) and Dayz is truly an awesome experience.

The game is very good by itself without the mod so i would reccomend getting it anyway but dayz is really awesome. The standalone is also supposed to come out soon.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

DayZ is crap, so for DayZ no don't buy it.

That is your own opinion a lot of people do enjoy DayZ...

If you want it for DayZ then don't get it.  There are way too many hackers and the DayZ standalone should be out soon.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

That is your own opinion a lot of people do enjoy DayZ...

Yes it is, but I guess you won't know until you play it. But let me warn you, you spend most of your time running and getting killed by zombies which teleport through walls and slowly start hating the mod. Rocket (developer) basically made a pack of mods and DayZ was born, which is why it has so many bugs and is horrible overall. 

i haven't ran into many hackers the time i have played with friends but the best thing to do is get a bunch of your friends dedicate a night to playing dayz if you get it because it can get boring playing by your self 

For Wasteland yes.
For DayZ no.

For Mods of DayZ yes :) .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

If you want it just for Dayz I say don't get it, Dayz standalone is on its way and its going to be improved significantly.

Yes it is, but I guess you won't know until you play it. But let me warn you, you spend most of your time running and getting killed by zombies which teleport through walls and slowly start hating the mod. Rocket (developer) basically made a pack of mods and DayZ was born, which is why it has so many bugs and is horrible overall. 

LOL I sense butthurt because you suck at dayz and died to zombies? I'll give you that the zombies are bugged and hit through walls some times but just because you are terrible at a game doesn't make it bad.

LOL I sense butthurt because you suck at dayz and died to zombies? I'll give you that the zombies are bugged and hit through walls some times but just because you are terrible at a game doesn't make it bad.

More like an opinion but sure, if you wanna go there. I actually played DayZ a year ago with my friends intensively and a lot, it was fun at first, going to n/w airfield, camp and get the good guns and then go back to cherno or electro to kill people, but that's about it so I stopped playing it. I tried it again with my friend around a month ago, all the servers were filled with hackers, so yay for that. We did eventually find a decent server that didn't have hackers, but it was still filled with the same crappy bugs and glitches that rocket caused by downloading different mods and putting them all into one massive pack, which DayZ basically is. I also don't know how you can be good/bad in DayZ when 95% of the time you are running away from glitching zombies, towards n/w airfield or if you wanna be "super tactical sneaky hardcore player", you crawl around them which takes even more time. If this is butthurt to you, then sure why not. At the end of the day, you don't have to agree with my opinions, but I guess this is the internet.

I have had tons of fun on DayZ, which introduced me to the ARMA family. If you have the cash I would recommend purchasing ARMA 3. Its in Beta right now but purchasing it now will give you full game access when it comes out.

CPU: i5 4670K | CPUCooling: Corsair H100i | RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix @1600Mhz | MBO: intel DZ87KLT-75K | GPU: GTX780sc | HDD: WD 1TB Black | PSU: Corsair GS800 2013 Edition | Case: CM Storm Scout 2

There are many more survival missions for Arma 2 that are better then DayZ.  It wasn't the first one.