Your Thoughts On Windows 10 App Store?

My thoughts on it is, it will most likely get shut down, just like Windows 8. Mainly because all of the security issues involved. I mean, no matter how secure you think you have something, there is always someone out there already trying to get around it and through it. Honestly, I don't find it necessary to have a App Store due to the fact that I just download my software, apps and games online, not from the store. So it's not much use for me, but I'm sure there are some people that use it.

If I helped you out, or just said something you liked, then please Like my post. Thanks! ;)

Windows 8 app store was shut down? Wut?

I think it will work just like the win8 app store. For mobile devices, its an app store like any other app store. For desktops, I think it will be used more this time around, now that users are more used to the aspect of a "store" on their PC - as well as better integration on Microsoft's part.

But not as much as MS wants people to use it....

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Have never really used an app store except for my Android devices - I doubt I'll be using a machine in a windows environment where I will find it offers and value or "ease of use" versus just going to a website and buying/installing from there.

At the same time, I don't see any real negatives with the app store which don't exist elsewhere already.

It's going to stay, and I have no real opinion on it.  If popular software devs put their stuff on there for easy updates, changelogs, etc, then I think it would be neat.  Just not the stupid game shit they have on it.

Windows 8 app store was shut down? Wut?

I think it will work just like the win8 app store. For mobile devices, its an app store like any other app store. For desktops, I think it will be used more this time around, now that users are more used to the aspect of a "store" on their PC - as well as better integration on Microsoft's part.

But not as much as MS wants people to use it....

You must have like a cracked version that never get's updated or something. Because if you go to the official microsoft website, they tell you they discontinued the Windows 8 App Store. ;) I'm using Windows 10 right now and it runs so good on games, and is just so perfect.

But we are all entitled to our own opinions.

If I helped you out, or just said something you liked, then please Like my post. Thanks! ;)

You must have like a cracked version that never get's updated or something. Because if you go to the official microsoft website, they tell you they discontinued the Windows 8 App Store.  ;) I'm using Windows 10 right now and it runs so good on games, and is just so perfect.

I was just on a Windows 8.1 laptop not long ago and it was fine... And it's a legit laptop...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I am on Windows 8 NOW, on my Surface Pro 2, and the game game Hitman Go was recently released.

I can ensure you for legit users at least, Windows 8 store is up and running. I have no idea who told you the contrary, but it is a lie.

You must have like a cracked version that never get's updated or something. Because if you go to the official microsoft website, they tell you they discontinued the Windows 8 App Store. ;) I'm using Windows 10 right now and it runs so good on games, and is just so perfect.

I am on Windows 8 NOW, on my Surface Pro 2, and the game game Hitman Go was recently released.

I can ensure you for legit users at least, Windows 8 store is up and running. I have no idea who told you the contrary, but it is a lie.

Yeah..... same here. 3 of my windows 8 machines work just fine. 

Where does it say it was discontinued?

I don't find any use for the App Store. Everything you can get off the app store, can be downloaded from the internet.

Also, I don't know where you got the statement or fact that you download speed is faster with the Store. Your download speed is download speed. No matter how much you have, anything over 100-150mbps is really overkill because the most you'll get when downloading something is maybe like 20mbps and that's on a good day. I have a 150 down 50 up internet speed, and I see no difference from when I had 20 down 2 up. So it really doesn't matter.

Another reason why I have a problem with it is, for programs like Skype and any other programs you have to sign in with that come out on the store, you'll have to use your microsoft account to use the program, I don't like that. I like using my gmail accounts, not my dumbass microsoft account, which hotmail, is horrible. Very slow. Microsoft should just stick with making OS's and stop trying to get into all this media bullshit because it's just bad.

But we are all entitled to our own opinions, so who cares what I say right?

Lol at "windows 8 store being shut down" and claims of "you must be a pirate if you can still use it."

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Another reason why I have a problem with it is, for programs like Skype and any other programs you have to sign in with that come out on the store, you'll have to use your microsoft account to use the program, I don't like that. I like using my gmail accounts, not my dumbass microsoft account, which hotmail, is horrible. Very slow. Microsoft should just stick with making OS's and stop trying to get into all this media bullshit because it's just bad.

But we are all entitled to our own opinions, so who cares what I say right?

Naw. Your opinion is fine. I personally never use the store on my desktop. I use it a lot more on my tablet.

Also, I use my gmail address for my Microsoft account...so.....I never use hotmail? Might try that.

Claiming facts that are not facts and calling people pirates is not fine.

Have never really used an app store except for my Android devices - I doubt I'll be using a machine in a windows environment where I will find it offers and value or "ease of use" versus just going to a website and buying/installing from there.

At the same time, I don't see any real negatives with the app store which don't exist elsewhere already.

Do you game on PC? If you use steam, origin, uplay or any web site that has a library of games or apps then you used an app store on your PC.

Also, it's a great idea to have a store on PC to just go to one place and find most things you need/want.

I will personally never use the Windows App Store.

Looking at it, it's mostly casual mobile trash with tons of micro transactions or the type of apps that already have existing applications for desktop that I'd be using instead if I wanted to use it.

But unfortunately, people will use it. Especially those who are mostly only using their phones and don't really know how to use windows, they want a store where they can get their stuff at quickly and this is it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Do you game on PC? If you use steam, origin, uplay or any web site that has a library of games or apps then you used an app store on your PC.

Also, it's a great idea to have a store on PC to just go to one place and find most things you need/want.

Very, very good point.

I will personally never use the Windows App Store.

Looking at it, it's mostly casual mobile trash with tons of micro transactions or the type of apps that already have existing applications for desktop that I'd be using instead if I wanted to use it.

But unfortunately, people will use it. Especially those who are mostly only using their phones and don't really know how to use windows, they want a store where they can get their stuff at quickly and this is it.

Unfortunately? How is this unfortunate?

I think it will be great. Personally, I cannot wait to get fully finished Windows 10 on my laptop, with everything this contains. More specifically, I look forward to getting access to Microsoft's native e-mail and calendar clients, which I really miss a lot on my Windows 7 laptop. Having those sync between both my Surface 2, my laptop and my Android phone will be really great.

The app store will give you access to a variety of mostly minor applications which can come in handy and be a neat addition to your PC, all from one place. I don't see any disadvantages here. The store will supplement pages such as ninite.com very well.

The app store will give you access to a variety of mostly minor applications which can come in handy and be a neat addition to your PC, all from one place. I don't see any disadvantages here. The store will supplement pages such as ninite.com very well.

Have you seen the appstore currently? It's filled with fake, clone and scam apps. That's why it's unfortunate. People will get scammed into giving their info to fake apps.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Have you seen the appstore currently? It's filled with fake, clone and scam apps. That's why it's unfortunate. People will get scammed into giving their info to fake apps.

I don't think you have seen it yourself.

I don't think you have seen it yourself.

Right sorry, I forgot I was the only one who considered apps that does the same thing as a free, open source application found on the web, just with a "nicer" interface, to be a scam.

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-ca/app/54036353-63fa-4521-8f02-46e249e6c297

Not to mention the price difference between the Store on the web and the Store App in Windows 10. It's not on sale in the app.

- 7zip doesn't have a Universal App/Modern UI app, and even if they did, it doesn't mater. It is original content, and if the author think it will sale for his work/value added, then so be it. Consumer choose if it is valuable or not.

- They are many desktop zip files that uses multiple formats, which are paying. For example: PowerArchiver.

Be that as it may, it doesn't mean that the app store is problematic in itself. I believe the store will grow rapidly when Windows 10 launches for PC and phones and opens up for universal apps.

I think you are missing the point of the app store. The app store is meant for those apps for people with a surface and other touch based devices. This is not like the macs app store.

You're wrong, they said that they're going to distribute all kinds of apps, including win32 apps for desktop.

Photoshop, Illustrator and other Adobe products were announced at //Build event.

I was talking about the app store in 8/8.1 I thought that stuff they announced was for the win 10 store only, if not that is pretty cool.