Which of these 2 laptops is better?

Limpskinz

Go for Lenovo, superior build quality and that panel is great.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I'm gonna say the Lenovo computer. Not sure, couldn't look into anything more in-depth. In class at the moment.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Lenovo! Better quality, better driver support, better graphics card, better keyboard, better screen.

Why is everybody neglecting Toshiba's far superior components compared to Lenovo's besides GPU?

Well for one, the Toshiba doesn't show me many superior components excepting the screen... and even then it doesn't list much info about the screen like refresh rate, colour gamut, etc. It's also a very thin laptop and I'm pretty sure it'll never cool that 4720HQ it has for anything more than light gaming and watching youtube videos.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Well for one, the Toshiba doesn't show me many superior components excepting the screen... and even then it doesn't list much info about the screen like refresh rate, colour gamut, etc. It's also a very thin laptop and I'm pretty sure it'll never cool that 4720HQ it has for anything more than light gaming and watching youtube videos.

the lenovo has a 4k screen, which is great

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

the lenovo has a 4k screen, which is great

It has a 48Hz Panel that isn't even very good. And the 860M can't do anything meaningful at 4K. 

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

It has a 48Hz Panel that isn't even very good. And the 860M can't do anything meaningful at 4K. 

you dont have to game at 4k, that can be fo media consumption, and even linus said 48 htz isnt that bad

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

you dont have to game at 4k, that can be fo media consumption, and even linus said 48 htz isnt that bad

Yeah, and Linus is also a user who has sensitive ears and hates most gaming-type headsets because they irritate him. There's many other users out there who have some problems even at 60Hz, far less 48Hz.

And if you buy a machine with which to do some light gaming and then you need to lower your monitor's default resolution to increase the refresh rate every time you want to game... no.

Yeah, and Linus is also a user who has sensitive ears and hates most gaming-type headsets because they irritate him. There's many other users out there who have some problems even at 60Hz, far less 48Hz.

And if you buy a machine with which to do some light gaming and then you need to lower your monitor's default resolution to increase the refresh rate every time you want to game... no.

i have never heard anyone ever complain about 60hz that is usuall the minimum and is fine but i will agree it depends on the person for 48 hz

i have never heard anyone ever complain about 60hz that is usuall the minimum and is fine but i will agree it depends on the person for 48 hz

Not a whole lot, but I have run into at least four people who instantly was able to tell if a screen was a 60Hz or if it was higher (75Hz etc) just by looking at it. They were susceptible to the flicker, apparently. This was on LCD screens. 48Hz would have killed them.

Not a whole lot, but I have run into at least four people who instantly was able to tell if a screen was a 60Hz or if it was higher (75Hz etc) just by looking at it. They were susceptible to the flicker, apparently. This was on LCD screens. 48Hz would have killed them.

i agree that people can tell the difference, but i just havent had people complain that they cant live with 60 hz

i agree that people can tell the difference, but i just havent had people complain that they cant live with 60 hz

Didn't say that they couldn't live with it, but 48Hz to them would be like suicide.

Lenovo Y50-70 Laptop - 59440644 - Black: Web Special

This instead of either if you insist on Lenovo. I'm not particularly sure why you are using third party sites to shop for either of those two brands, but it may be worth while to look at the options on the y50 touch because as people have said the 4k monitor isn't particularly useful for gaming.

Also as is a major issue with Laptop reviews, most you find on the net are using an extremely particular sub-model of the laptop and are often out of date (both are issues with the review you linked), so as much as I hate to say it, general perceptions of the brand and specs/pictures of a particular model, if you can't get it under your fingers (which is a major issue with lenovo) pre-purchase, are what you will have to focus on.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Lenovo Y50-70 Laptop - 59440644 - Black: Web Special

This instead of either if you insist on Lenovo. I'm not particularly sure why you are using third party sites to shop for either of those two brands, but it may be worth while to look at the options on the y50 touch because as people have said the 4k monitor isn't particularly useful for gaming.

Also as is a major issue with Laptop reviews, most you find on the net are using an extremely particular sub-model of the laptop and are often out of date (both are issues with the review you linked), so as much as I hate to say it, general perceptions of the brand and specs/pictures of a particular model, if you can't get it under your fingers (which is a major issue with lenovo) pre-purchase, are what you will have to focus on.

I'm not insisting on Lenovo, I'd rather buy Toshiba from those 2 options.

I'm not insisting on Lenovo, I'd rather buy Toshiba from those 2 options.

Sorry I wasn't impinging on you, more so the commentors. That being said Lenovo makes very sturdy laptops with specs that are almost unmatched on a price by price margin. Unless looking for an ultrabook, totes would recommend them.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

That being said Lenovo makes very sturdy laptops with specs that are almost unmatched on a price by price margin.

Not sure about that very sturdy part...

As for their specs, their laptops are not designed to perform at-spec. If you use them under-spec (as the machine is designed) then you will have no problems. Most people use them very under-spec.