Help me choose a graphics card!

mata-pombos

I want to upgrade my graphics card and i´m stuck between the GTX960, the r9 280x and the GTX970. I only want to play at 1080p fullHD. Prices here are kind of the same for the 960 and r9280x (230€) and 330€ on ebay for the GTX 970. I know the r9 280x is a little bit better than the GTX960, but the 960 it uses a lot less power and i´ve seen some people complaining about artifacts on their 280x. Do you guys think it´s worth paying extra 100€ for the gtx 970? Or do you guys think i should wait for 960 ti or something?

Thanks for the help

Regards

I would take the 280x over the 960 and the 970 over both. Go with 970 if possible.

What is the rest of the system?

Also remember to follow your topics

Probably won't be a 960 Ti TBH.  With Titan X out the door, the next series of Nvidia GPUs will probably start getting out the factory in a few months.  I personally went with a 970 :)

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I love my 970, don't regret buying it at all :P

I'd recommend the g1 gaming out of all the 970s, though the strix and acx 2.0 are both pretty decent aswell.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I would boild down the choice to a 280X and a 970. 

Are you really worried about power? like the bills (which doesn;t really amount to much) or your PSU?

the 970 is a nice card just beware of the "issues" it has and keep it in mind.

I have a Gigabyte 280X (rev 2) And it's okay. It's not the quietest nor coolest card but it's fine for what it can do. Mines abit wonky tho and doesn;t overclock anymore over 1100MHz Core. might be because its 2nd hand and used for mining before tho.

I have a core i5 750 cpu (quad core 2,66 ghz) and i will upgrade my psu as well because of the GPU. 

I would boild down the choice to a 280X and a 970. 

Are you really worried about power? like the bills (which doesn;t really amount to much) or your PSU?

the 970 is a nice card just beware of the "issues" it has and keep it in mind.

I have a Gigabyte 280X (rev 2) And it's okay. It's not the quietest nor coolest card but it's fine for what it can do. Mines abit wonky tho and doesn;t overclock anymore over 1100MHz Core. might be because its 2nd hand and used for mining before tho.

I would take the 280x over the 960 and the 970 over both. Go with 970 if possible.

What is the rest of the system?

Also remember to follow your topics

I have a core i5 750 cpu (quad core 2,66 ghz) and i will upgrade my psu as well because of the GPU. 

970 performs the best and they're literally silent. The fans don't even turn on until it hits 60c~ (At least for my EVGA one). I very recently upgraded from a 7970 (280x pretty much) and I'd have to recommend the 970. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.