Pci express to usb adapter

Enmanuel

Hey guys well i was wondering how good is not buy a gaming laptop and insted use a pci adapter to use a full desktop graphic? u know u can upgrade and have a better performance, obviusly has his disadvantage u need to carry more things if u wanna play somewhere else and that kind of stuff

I dont think it is worth it. USB 3.0 ... barely worth it and just in some scenarios. USB 2.0 ... dont even think about it.

Unless you have USB 3.1 - USB-C I dont think that you should be interested in PCIE to USB.

Hey guys well i was wondering how good is not buy a gaming laptop and insted use a pci adapter to use a full desktop graphic? u know u can upgrade and have a better performance, obviusly has his disadvantage u need to carry more things if u wanna play somewhere else and that kind of stuff

The USB ones aren't fast enough so you will need the PCI version which leads to the following.

You will lose Wi-Fi you always have your bottom case open in most cases, Your Laptop needs to be compatible, you will need an extra powersupply for the card.

And you most likely will need an extra monitor so consider that.

It's sort of possible in a different way, but frankly you probably don't want to do this. The results are rarely as good as you're thinking.

1. Overclock until the magic smoke comes out. 2. Modify until broken. 3. Fix and repeat.

4670k - 16GB - 290X - 1440p Freesync

thanks for quoting me :D

OP, USB would be too slow for PCI. What laptop do you have? 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

thanks for quoting me :D

OP, USB would be too slow for PCI. What laptop do you have? 

The exception to my rule arrives!

1. Overclock until the magic smoke comes out. 2. Modify until broken. 3. Fix and repeat.

4670k - 16GB - 290X - 1440p Freesync