Apparently I own too much computer stuff...... (Is that possible?)

DevilishBooster

So, I've had several people comment that I own "Waaaaaaaay too much computer stuff". I didn't know that was possible....

I've collected a lot of computer stuff because I'm studying for several IT certifications, I'm going to set up my own proxy and email server at some point, I'm about to start learning Linux, I'm resurrecting old Windows systems, and I'm trying to get started on Python and other languages for programming Arduinos and Raspberry Pi's. 

What do you guys think? Do I need to get rid of some of it? (Lol, rhetorical question)

I love my super-expensive monitor stand.  :P  :D

post-63986-0-11097700-1430243647_thumb.j

post-63986-0-52069100-1430243648_thumb.j

post-63986-0-41173500-1430243643_thumb.j

post-63986-0-78202000-1430243644_thumb.j

post-63986-0-67722500-1430243645_thumb.j

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Do I see a desktop with a turbo button there?

Yes you do. You see three of them.   :D

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Make a beowulf cluster and no not enough computer stuff.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That McChicken box makes me doubt your IT story >:c

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

nope. not possible.

But if you have too much, I could store some.

Ey? *Wink* *Wink* *Nudge* *Nudge* 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That McChicken box makes me doubt your IT story >:c

That's left over from when I worked there in college while studying Criminal Justice. It's holding a couple car amp cases that I'm thinking about converting to hold wall mounted HTPCs.

END OF LINE

nope. not possible.

ME too.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Make a beowulf cluster and no not enough computer stuff.

That's one of my planned projects. I just wish F@H and BOINC could be run on clusters.  :(

END OF LINE

nope. not possible.

I have a PGA-168 33MHz Intel i486 SX that you could probably have.  :P

END OF LINE

Meh. That's not much compared to what I've seen and probably what I've got between two houses.

I just started gathering free stuff in Feb, so I've got time to catch up.  ;)

END OF LINE

So much useless stuff. Pretty organized though.

Thanks. I've spent some time organizing it. I even have a spreadsheet document to inventory everything and keep track of what parts are in which machine.  :)

It is kinda useless in the sense that's a lot of it is pretty old and only good for learning experiences and not really any "power computing". 

END OF LINE

You have the start of a good base.  You can't have too much parts laying around, although I'd recommend organizing it all better and cataloging what you have.  Systematic inventory organization is a really great idea to implement because even the greatest minds forget they had that old part stored under that shelf.  :)

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

You have the start of a good base.  You can't have too much parts laying around, although I'd recommend organizing it all better and cataloging what you have.  Systematic inventory organization is a really great idea to implement because even the greatest minds forget they had that old part stored under that shelf.   :)

Lol, read the post above yours.  ;)

I've sorted everything by part type into the drawers, and I just need to find some more room in the house to neatly organize the competed machines.  :)

END OF LINE

Your room looks awesome

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Lol, read the post above yours.  ;)

I've sorted everything by part type into the drawers, and I just need to find some more room in the house to neatly organize the competed machines.  :)

Haha, yep I only read the very first post :)

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

Your room looks awesome

Thanks. That's just the "work area" half. The other half is my bed, dresser and closet. I still have to get the cork board and white board hung on the wall. I wish I could have a whole room for my work area. 

END OF LINE

nope. not possible.

ME too.

ME three.

If you guys live in the US/Canada, I would recommend doing what I did. Post an Ad on Craigslist asking if anyone has computers/computer parts that they want gone and will give away for free. Out of all this stuff, the only things that I paid money for so far are: $20 to a guy attending University for an Athlon 64 X2 4200+, and about $15 total for 5x 1GB sticks of DDR2 RAM on ebay.  

END OF LINE

Until you have 4 titan x's just sitting around do nothing you do not have enough components.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Until you have 4 titan x's just sitting around do nothing you do not have enough components.

That's kinda the same thing I told them.  :)

END OF LINE

If you guys live in the US/Canada, I would recommend doing what I did. Post an Ad on Craigslist asking if anyone has computers/computer parts that they want gone and will give away for free. Out of all this stuff, the only things that I paid money for so far are: $20 to a guy attending University for an Athlon 64 X2 4200+, and about $15 total for 5x 1GB sticks of DDR2 RAM on ebay.  

Went to a flea market yesterday and had the chance to get some 2002-ish GPU's and 20 cents a piece DDR sticks.

Didn't get it though, because that is too old to be useful :P

Maybe I'll get some old stuff next year :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That's kinda the same thing I told them.  :)

Great minds think a like. :D

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!