How should I set up the air flow in my computer?

Minzo

I have a NZXT h440 which have three fans in the front and one in the back.

I will pick up two fans today to put on my cooler and I'm wondering how I should set up the fans for best airflow.

Should I have all intake in the front? Should I mount some fans on the top? How do you do it?

3 front fans intake, back fan exhaust. Leave the top empty unless you have more than the standard 4 fans included in the box.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

3 front fans intake, back fan exhaust. Leave the top empty unless you have more than the standard 4 fans included in the box.

How should I direct the fans on the cooler? Blow it out the back?

How should I direct the fans on the cooler? Blow it out the back?

Correct! If you've already got Air flowing in from the front and out the back, you don't want to be fighting the airflow with your CPU heatsink.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Correct! If you've already got Air flowing in from the front and out the back, you don't want to be fighting the airflow with your CPU heatsink.

Thanks! I will take a look at it when I come home.

Do you have fan connectors on your motherboard that you will be using? If you want your computer to be reasonably quiet, you might want to set the speed of the fans so they are not at full blast all the time. Just something to keep in mind! :)

Do you have fan connectors on your motherboard that you will be using? If you want your computer to be reasonably quiet, you might want to set the speed of the fans so they are not at full blast all the time. Just something to keep in mind! :)

It's pretty quiet as is tbh. I don't know if it's the case or what but it sounds so much less than my last computer. I might invest in a fan regulator if the sound is too bad.

It's pretty quiet as is tbh. I don't know if it's the case or what but it sounds so much less than my last computer. I might invest in a fan regulator if the sound is too bad.

you may be able to set them to quite or slient in bios.