Castle

Tadgh

So, 3 pieces of good news and 2 pieces of bad news. Which would you like to hear first? The bad? Alright, if you insist.

Well a lot of time has been spent speaking to structural engineers, builders, glaziers, and the like. The short of it is it's looking like it'd cost more to renovate than the amount of value it would add to the house. Making it a financially unappealing decision. And it's looking like it's gonna be really pretty expensive. Accordingly this plan needs to be rethought.

The second piece of bad news is that the new plans don't allow for a 150" drop-down projector. My heart is broken into tiny pieces. 

But wait! Before you sigh and unsub, there's good news!

There's a plan in place. This plan is to erect a completely free-standing unit outside of the house. The plan is a lot more achievable and quotes are being thrown about now. It's not going to be as large as the barn but there are a couple of important things to consider with this development:

1. Rather than 7 months, this should take 2.5/3 months
  2. The set design language is out of the window and now I can pretty much do what I want with the shell. Like whatever I want. 
  3. It's design is going to be very much like a bed-sit. i.e. completely open plan with adjustable walls. i.e. a house that is just totally a mancave and a bed in a garden

I'm genuinely sorry that it couldn't make Castle a reality. It was just impractical in the end and frankly money is an object. But you know what isn't a concern?

*rainbow starts* Imagination. We've got plenty *rainbow ends*

I'm going to work on a new build log. I'm in the middle of very important exams right now so it's gonna be slow, as will updates. But please bare with me!

If you're still interested stay subbed and I'll post a link to my new build (name undecided)!

Thanks!

Edited by Tadgh

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

RESERVED

This. This looks good.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

This is going to be epic. I personally love castles and the idea of one controlled by computer sounds amazing! Best of luck to you!

150" Screen.

1112.gif

:)

Edited by Tadgh

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

Very nice, this build log is going to be great! So basically you are going to be refurbishing the barn?

Very nice, this build log is going to be great! So basically you are going to be refurbishing the barn?

From now until Novemberish my family and I are gonna refurbish the barn by hand (except for the roof and structural concerns) :)

refurbished barns are magical my friend refurbished one of his about 7 years ago and we used to have great parties in it. Be interesting to see how yours turns out.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

refurbished barns are magical my friend refurbished one of his about 7 years ago and we used to have great parties in it. Be interesting to see how yours turns out.

Very well, hopefully! Considering the fully open plan nature of downstairs I imagine it'd be wonderful for parties, any advice as to the barn conversion?

Very well, hopefully! Considering the fully open plan nature of downstairs I imagine it'd be wonderful for parties, any advice as to the barn conversion?

Nope sorry I didn't help out at all sorry he had a very talented wood worker staying in one of his out houses that did most of the work. His was basically just a big open shell with an upstairs part at the back and a stage at the front. Most of the work that was done was on the floorboards and roof struts and then finishing the outer walls just basically making everything water tight.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

From now until Novemberish my family and I are gonna refurbish the barn by hand (except for the roof and structural concerns) :)

Sounds great, it will definitely be one impressive man cave when its finished!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, please check the main post, it's updated!