Can you explain this?

orangecat

So for some reason when I juggle the power button on my stereo it sometimes causes my display to become fuzzy/distorted for a frame or two and sometimes it causes the display to restart. I know the power switch is broken so it's a pain to get it powered on but thats not the issue. I don't know if it has something to do with too much power draw (because it makes me lamp dim) or what but it's kinda annoying.

Here is a video... cuz why not.

I sometimes have that issue since the socket is overloaded with many devices which are plugged to an extension from a single socket so if you are doing something similar that that may be an issue. I assume it's due to a sudden power draw by the device that you turn on.

So for some reason when I juggle the power button on my stereo it sometimes causes my display to become fuzzy/distorted for a frame or two and sometimes it causes the display to restart. I know the power switch is broken so it's a pain to get it powered on but thats not the issue. I don't know if it has something to do with too much power draw (because it makes me lamp dim) or what but it's kinda annoying.

Here is a video... cuz why not.

Yes it looks like the stereo amplifier has a to high inrush current. Try to plug it directly into tha wall socket.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I sometimes have that issue since the socket is overloaded with many devices which are plugged to an extension from a single socket so if you are doing something similar that that may be an issue. I assume it's due to a sudden power draw by the device that you turn on.

I thought that's what was happening but it only seem to affect my monitor even my cheapo Logitech speakers aren't affected.

Yes it looks like the stereo amplifier has a to high inrush current. Try to plug it directly into tha wall socket.

I'll try that and see if it still happens.

I thought that's what was happening but it only seem to affect my monitor even my cheapo Logitech speakers aren't affected.

Yeah it only affects my monitor too. I don't have a lamp on my desk but my LEDs don't seem to be affected.

Yeah it only affects my monitor too. I don't have a lamp on my desk but my LEDs don't seem to be affected.

Hmm, well thanks for the input. It's not an actual problem for me as long as it doesn't damage my display I don't care.

Hmm, well thanks for the input. It's not an actual problem for me as long as it doesn't damage my display I don't care.

Is the stereo amplifier connected to the PC or monitor?

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil