Need to save de monie$

REX.exe
Go to solution Solved by Tim Drake,

I checked prices and you may aswell get that PSU.

Extra wattage for only an extra $10 isn't a big deal.

So I am trying to make my PC a little bit cheaper before I buy more components. 

BUILD: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/pNr4vK

I was just wondering if there is a power supply that has equal performance, but a lower wattage. I don't want to skimp, I just want to try and not spend so much on a 750W when a 650W will be fine.

Requirements:

• FULL Modular
  • Needs to be able to handle a 4690K overclock, and a 290X Factory Overclocked.

Again, I don't want to skimp, just want to save some money with the wattage.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

How much is the xfx xtr if it's available? or a seasonic own brand unit?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Even a 550W would be enough :) let me go find some

Are you sure? Did you look at my build?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Don't think that's right..

I would say a 650w

Yeah, I don't think there are Full Modular 550Ws anyway.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Consider not buying aftermarket fans?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Are you sure? Did you look at my build?

Yes I did... I was told a 750W is good for SLI, so a 550-600W is plenty for a single card :)

Consider not buying aftermarket fans?

The fans are for the H100i. They will make a Push-Pull effect. And the 120mm are for the case. An Intake and an Outtake 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Yes I did... I was told a 750W is good for SLI, so a 550-600W is plenty for a single card :)

Could you find a full modular 550-600W PSU?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Could you find a full modular 550-600W PSU?

Will do... and please don't do push/pull, it is completely redundant and can yield only a 1-2°C difference... if you don't need it, don't do it :)

Will do... and please don't do push/pull, it is completely redundant and can yield only a 1-2°C difference... if you don't need it, don't do it :)

I see. Thanks for the advice. Vexzarium is just so good at winning you over!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Um. No prices available in Australia. Are you aware of any retailers that can ship to AUS?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

You can save 7$ by not buying the Y cables since the case has a fan hub.

Other than that, the build looks good and I think that you won't be able to get anything like that for less.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I checked prices and you may aswell get that PSU.

Extra wattage for only an extra $10 isn't a big deal.

I may aswell just spend more. Thanks for the help everybody!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Yeah, I don't think there are Full Modular 550Ws anyway.

Uh...

There are tons...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."