1440p/(4k down the road) White Water cooled Build

WARNING: LOTS OF INFO, COMMAS, AND Colons ahead.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.  ALSO ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS!!

So with my money I've been saving and will continue to save, I am aiming to get a new build going.  I tested out 4k at an event recently and I can honestly say there is no hope of going back to 1080p.  It's just a lesser experience to me.

Anyways, the questions and help.

My goal is a water cooled, or partially watercooled, White Multicolor LED build.  I want it to play 1440p at 60+ FPS, but I will be upgrading the gpu down the road.

Here are some things I've already decided on, but would love some criticism or ideas for improvement.

CPU Undecided.  I've always been an AMD fanboy, for quite some time now.  I know for a fact I want to have an Nvidia GPU for PhysX and G-Sync, and that CPU isn't a really Massive deal when it comes to high resolution gaming.  Current Contenders of CPU's are:

AMD (really anything about my current 8320)

Intel i7 5820k (Just seen this in a lot of 4k builds, recommend me another cpu if possible)

Motherboard I am definitely set on either of these 2:

MSI 970A Krait Edition

MSI X99S Krait Edition / Asus X99-A

I LOVE THE LOOK of Krait!, plus im an MSI enthusiast.  Current build is all MSI red/black AMD.  I just like their products, haven't had issues and OC genie and Afterburner go flawlessly with it.

GPU: This one might sound stupid and I would also love some feedback.  

3 current ideas/options I had.

1. MSI 980 for 1440p, upgrade to SLI later.

2. MSI 980 for 1440p, Sell and buy Titan later.

3. Wait and buy a Titan, or wait and buy specifically the Asus Titan X.

I'm stuck on this one.  I either get instant gratification with 1440p, or wait it out a little longer and snag a Titan.  I already looked into Galax HOF cards and I don't see the point in spending extra if i may just be water cooling.

Case: Phanteks ENTHOO LUXE (WHITE)

I love this case, love it love it love it.  LED's solid clean white, large window on side.

Also looked into Corsair cases and NZXT, currently own NZXT phantom 530

Cooling: I have never done a custom loop.  I may sound like a full blown idiot if I say this but here it goes.

So to keep with the white scheme, I was going to maybe get NZXT Kraken G10's in white =).........

I know it's stupid to have multiple rads and spend that much on close looped kits but Idk if I really would like to have a custom loop and waterblocks and what not.  I just like the easy install of closed loops.

I am open on the coolers for use with the G10's, I use a Corsair H100i right now and like Corsairs customization and LiNK software.

Again, let me know your feedback as far as this goes.  I like watercooling because my room is dusty as hell and it keeps noise down (in my own opinion).

Ram: anything really with white, or white led's/text

Probably Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB, but It's not a big deal for me.

PSU: again not a big deal, anything Fully Modular with White text and no color

Storage:  250 or 500 GB SSD (most likely intel or Samsung, dont care on color since it will be mounted in cable management areas), 4 TB WD Black

Alright and thats pretty much all I have for now.  Let me know what you think should be done.

TL;DR

Good CPU, for 4k (AMD VS INTEL), Good GPU(s) for 1440p/4k, WaterCooling Tips

Thanks for any help.

Hmmmm, okay. I may be able to help.

What's your budget and location @ToeJullar?

Also I recommend following your post so you know if anyone replies. I'll go see what I can do but not having a budget is hard.

Do you need a monitor and peripherals included? (mouse, keyboard, headset)

EDIT:

And you're also wanting a FULL custom loop?

It looks good. Some points of recommendation:

1. You may just want to go with an AIO for the CPU on its own

2. You REALLY don't need X99 unless you are planning on doing workstation stuff

3. Probably for now, a single 980 for 1440p will be fine and upgrade to SLI when you go to 4k

i) You may want to wait for next generation NVIDIA or AMD cards as they are (hopefully) coming soon

ii) If you wont get these cards, the prices of the current gen will drop (probably), making it all the more affordable

4. For just gaming, you can go with an i5-4690k with ease. If you don't plan on overclocking, then you can get a 4460 or 4590, as well as having no need for liquid cooling, saving extra money.

5. As @xSpaceSheepy1 mentioned, budget, need for peripharels, uses of the system etc.?

6. Reason for watercooling (other than obviously the sheer sexiness)

This Build will smash 4k with <$3000

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PWWgmG

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($224.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($130.98 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($100.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston Fury White Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($121.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($119.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($539.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($539.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($213.99 @ Directron) 
Monitor: Acer XB280HK 60Hz 28.0" Monitor  ($683.77 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2836.62

Just a quick thing, hit up Avexir, especially with their CORE series of RAM, they make sticks specially for certain mobos

Say for the above build, some good watercooling (for a full custom loop) would be (please note all prices are from performance-pcs.com and you can look at multiple sites/stores)

CPU BLOCK                    EK Supremacy Evo (Probably white edition to match theme)            $83.95

GPU BLOCKS                 EK-FC980 GTX TF5                                                                           $128.99 each

GPU BACKPLATES        EK-FC980 GTX TF5 Backplate                                                          $34.49 each

RADIATORS                    Some good companies include BlackIce and Alphacool, you could probably go with a 360 and 240, should cost a couple of hundred 

FITTINGS                        Bitspower, no other way to go :)

PUMP                              Swiftech MCP655 (with variable control)                                           $70

TUBING                           Your choice or hardline or regular

And remember, take all advise with a grain of salt and have a nice day!

@ToeJullar, @g4m3cr34tor has a very ok'd old set up.

An AIO cooler for CPU could be easier as setting up a custom loop takes time and I've heard isn't easy.

As for the GPU, of you get a EVGA GTX 980 that is the Superclocked ACX 2.0 that is also very good but doesn't have e red highlights.

You don't really need to go for X99 as its way more expensive and not really needed. If you want you could upgrade to an i7-4790k as it is also a very good CPU.

Hmmmm, okay. I may be able to help.

What's your budget and location @ToeJullar?

Also I recommend following your post so you know if anyone replies. I'll go see what I can do but not having a budget is hard.

Do you need a monitor and peripherals included? (mouse, keyboard, headset)

EDIT:

And you're also wanting a FULL custom loop?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  

My budget for the computer isn't really in my mind at the moment.  I'd say probably 1.8k or so.  Give or take.  I don't like the idea of having to spend a thousand on a GPU all at once I guess, hence the 980's.  Custom Loop is gonna be an option, I have no clue what they run.  Would also love to have Hard Tube since it looks way better in my opinion.

Location is northwest of Chicago.  Suburbs.

1.8-2k upfront cost with upgrades (watercooling, 2nd card, more storage/ram) down the road

So I think 1 980 is gonna be the best bet.  

@g4m3cr34tor

All of your recommendations are solid.  As for peripherals I'm already set.

I have Razer Chroma (Deathadder/BlackWidow) 

-because bestbuy sells them and I get huge discount, plus I like the synapse program

My monitor is a 1080p TV 

- I know It's unholy, will be grabbing a 4k or 1440p ultra wide, most likely 4k

Speakers are Logitech Z506 5.1 surround, Headphones are Audio Technica WS99's, Gaming Headset Logitech G930's, too lazy to figure out my amp.

But yeah, I'll investigate into i5 vs a higher end FX processor.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  

My budget for the computer isn't really in my mind at the moment.  I'd say probably 1.8k or so.  Give or take.  I don't like the idea of having to spend a thousand on a GPU all at once I guess, hence the 980's.  Custom Loop is gonna be an option, I have no clue what they run.  Would also love to have Hard Tube since it looks way better in my opinion.

Location is northwest of Chicago.  Suburbs.

1.8-2k upfront cost with upgrades (watercooling, 2nd card, more storage/ram) down the road

So I think 1 980 is gonna be the best bet.  

No problem. 1.8-2K will definitely run 1440p easily but yeah, 4K down the road would be a good option later on down the road and you can upgrade to achieve it. I'd recommend going with a Z97 chipset as it's much cheaper. Probably an i7-4790K would be ideal. 

Do you need a monitor and peripherals included?

I'll go see what I can do with the budget and get back to you ASAP!

EDIT:

Does that budget also included water cooling loop? If so, are you wanting the WHOLE system in the custom loop? @g4m3cr34tor would be better to give advice than me on that. 

@ToeJullar, here is a basic setup without peripherals and monitor...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xY3hJx

If you want to lower costs a bit for the loop and peripherals and monitor, I'd go with a 2TB WD Black as they're quite expensive and I don't see you really needing 4TB unless you're content creating or video editing. 

Just say if you need the stuff included and I'll see what I can do. 

As far as What I want to water cool.

CPU, GPU's

That's about it. 

hehe (Buying Windows 8.1)  

;^) argh yar har

@xSpaceSheepy1

Also, I find the krait z97 outputs stupid.  Why does it have the 2 video outputs?  Would make much more sense to have more usb.

As far as What I want to water cool.

CPU, GPU's

That's about it. 

hehe (Buying Windows 8.1)  

;^) argh yar har

@xSpaceSheepy1

Also, I find the krait z97 outputs stupid.  Why does it have the 2 video outputs?  Would make much more sense to have more usb.

Okay.

Do you need peripherals + monitor included in that budget?

As for the Z97 Krait, I don't know why. Video outputs wouldn't be useful on this motherboard as you'll want to connect your monitor to the GPU, not the motherboard or the GPU would be pretty useless.

You said you liked the Krait mobos so I went with it.

Can you please answer the following questions so I can help more:

• Do you need peripherals included?
  • Do you need the monitor included?
  • Would you consider only having 2TB of storage as it's cheaper?
  • Are you okay with going with the Krait as it is a good motherboard that fits your scheme?
  • Do you already have Windows 8 and not need it?

Peripherals would be: Monitor

2TB would be acceptable

Krait would be good, but it feels unused.

I use multiple USB ports for things such as an occulus rift, webcam, mic, Xbox Wireless Adapter, Keyboard, Mouse, Phone (charging/Rooting and flashing Android Roms). I can always add in a USB PCI hub card, but that will be a takeaway from astetics.

One main thing I'd like to ask. Does/would Intel really bring alot more to the table as far as

1. 4k performance

2. Performance with Nvidia

3. General performance

I have always ran with AMD and radeon so this is a new market. I know it is factually proven that Intel chips are generally more efficient. I feel like Intel and Nvidia go hand in hand too.

I love MSI so I guess the board will do. Otherwise if I save more I may just jump to x99 and go big or go home, or go AMD and continue my OC electric bill raising rampage.

I will not run Windows 8. It is worthless without touch input, even if it does increase boot times and many many other things. I will dual boot Linux and 7, upgrading to 10 when it comes out. I have an unused version of 7 at home.

Also, thanks again for your help. I'm just new to watercooling and Intel.

@ToeJullar, Both AMD and Intel processors can run 4k fine, they won't bottleneck at all

Both Intel and AMD will be completely fine when run with a Nvidia GPU or AMD GPU

In terms of general performance, i'm not really sure about this (Intel vs AMD) so I won't give any advise I cannot back up. 

For 1.8K, one thing that could work is instead of getting a complete DIY watercooling loop for CPU and GPUs, it could be a good idea to get an AIO like the Switech H240-X (http://www.swiftech.com/H240-X.aspx) as well as an extra radiator as some AIOs are specifically made to have extra components integrated into them and this one has a good reserviour and pump, and then get the GPu blocks. If you want, Linus made a review of it (same thing but just dual 120mm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt5_dU-15v8)

For 1440p and 4k down the road, you can go with a single 980 now and sli later.

Also a quick note, it may be a better idea to run with an Intel CPU as the latest AMD chipsets are really outdated and lack quite a few features of latest (not necessarily top) Intel chipsets

You may also want to maybe look into upgrading your budget to the ~2.5k range

Peripherals would be: Monitor

2TB would be acceptable

Krait would be good, but it feels unused.

I use multiple USB ports for things such as an occulus rift, webcam, mic, Xbox Wireless Adapter, Keyboard, Mouse, Phone (charging/Rooting and flashing Android Roms). I can always add in a USB PCI hub card, but that will be a takeaway from astetics.

One main thing I'd like to ask. Does/would Intel really bring alot more to the table as far as

1. 4k performance

2. Performance with Nvidia

3. General performance

I have always ran with AMD and radeon so this is a new market. I know it is factually proven that Intel chips are generally more efficient. I feel like Intel and Nvidia go hand in hand too.

I love MSI so I guess the board will do. Otherwise if I save more I may just jump to x99 and go big or go home, or go AMD and continue my OC electric bill raising rampage.

I will not run Windows 8. It is worthless without touch input, even if it does increase boot times and many many other things. I will dual boot Linux and 7, upgrading to 10 when it comes out. I have an unused version of 7 at home.

Also, thanks again for your help. I'm just new to watercooling and Intel.

Okay, thanks. I'll take a look at what I can do.

I know nothing about custom loops, but this guy just above probably knows more than me. Intel normally has more power per core (single core performance) which is quite good and worth it.

If you are able to squeeze just over 2k that would be even better. I'll see what I can do. 

Money isn't really an issue here. Im fine with jumping the gun on spending more. Im going to buy the gpu and monitor first so I can at least do some gaming. I will be buying the rest of the build throughout the summer.

Money isn't really an issue here. Im fine with jumping the gun on spending more. Im going to buy the gpu and monitor first so I can at least do some gaming. I will be buying the rest of the build throughout the summer.

Okay, I'll go figure something out. No need for keyboard and mouse right? I'll go see what I can do. Don't want me to include GPU and monitor in the PCPartPicker?