Has anyone had to verify their credit card with NCIX?

Jonesemon

Apologies if this isn't the appropriate place for this, but I got an email from NCIX's do-not-reply email saying they refunded 2 small amounts onto the credit card I used to make the purchase and to tell them what those two amounts were so they could verify it was a legitimate transaction.

My question is: Is this a typical business practice/something anyone else has experienced with NCIX?

It just seems strange to me since I already entered the 3 digit verification code for the card upon making the purchase...

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place.

Thanks!

I've seen this kind of verification process from guys like Paypal (though I actually never replied cause I didn't check my bank state but they eventually verified my account anyway after many successful transactions and a successful refund) but I would personally just call them on the phone to avoid a possible phishing attempt.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Seems normal.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I stopped purchasing anything from NCIX when they canceled all my transactions because they thought I was using a VPN, even when I wasn't. If they don't want my money, it's their loss because I buy a shit ton of components.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Yea. It is Verify by Visa.

NCIX is part of the program. When you purchase something from NCIX for  first time, or use a new Visa credit card, or when it's been a very long time since you ordered, you have this.

You sadly need to pass through it. I don't really get the Vista program in how it adds security, but it is what it is.

If you forget your code, just click on forgot password, and put a new one. It is kinda silly system as I said. Worst thing you need to call your card Vista. Just call the number on the back of your card, and they'll fix it.

Like I said you don't do it every time.

I haven't had to do it but I've seen that other people have had to. It's normal

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers