Jay gets 3 Titan X's but Linus only 1?

CoolaxGaming

Its just arbitrary. I don't think jay or Linus give a fk.... Well... I guess Jay probably gives a little bit of a fk since hes building a computer... But im 99.999999999999999% its not a favorites game.

I'm almost 100% sure EVGA sent him the cards, not NVIDIA.

But to make it clear, Jay didn't buy the cards. We could ask him himself though, couldn't we? JayzTwoCents or on Twitter, since I assume he doesn't check LTT a lot.

EVGA didn't send him the card's Nvidia did, from what I understand its because they will be utilized all the time everyday that Skunkworks is up and running. Its the center piece of his channel.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

EVGA didn't send him the card's Nvidia did, from what I understand its because they will be utilized all the time everyday that Skunkworks is up and running. Its the center piece of his channel.

Apparently you're right, whoops.

And yeah, to be fair, Linus would have the card, make maybe one or two videos about it and it would be off into the shadows. Jay will actually use the cards everyday.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Its just arbitrary. I don't think jay or Linus give a fk.... Well... I guess Jay probably gives a little bit of a fk since hes building a computer... But im 99.999999999999999% its not a favorites game.

I never said it was one, just wanted to know, I usually skip over Jayz videos, dont like them as wholes, I mightve missed somethin

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

There is no favourites bullshit going on, he probably got one from each hardware vendors or maybe evga just straight up sent them all to him because they are awesome. Also, Jay isn't known to leave expensive hardware sitting in the fucking rain....

Jay specifically said in one of his vlogs that they were all from Nvidia not from evga or any other company, and he seems proud that Nvidia sent him three.

$5 says it's because nVidia already gave LTT 5 free Titan Blacks....

I think thats what they all have in their editing rigs, linus asked for 780's and they gave him titans

Hello!

I just wanted to know, after seeing Jayz Skunkworks V3 videos, he mentioned something about 3 Titan X's. Than in todays video, he mentioned that those Titan X's were provided by Nvidia...

And, he got these cards because he wanted them is his personal rig...

Cool eh?

BUT

Linus was planning to do a 5k benchmark, which would be better publicity for Nvidia, and they refused to send him even 2?

Is there something that I am missing?

Doesent Linus also have more dialy views and total subscribers?

Than why did Nvidia give Jay 3 titan x's for something like a personal rig and not to Linus, who just wanted to test em?

NOTE: Guys, lets be civil, dont turn this into a flame war, or mods will lock this

Jay actually talked to Nvidia about what he wanted to do and his goal. They liked what he had to say and they provided the Titan X's to him for free. Jay does not know why Linus did not get more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98P_NjK3ft8

JayzTwoCents

So since there seems to be quite a discussion about the Titans. Here are some facts (This way people can stop spreading false information)

1) NVIDIA supplied me with all 3 of my Titans, not EVGA. It would cost EVGA much more out of pocket to send me the cards than NVIDIA.

2) I have no idea why NVIDIA denied sending more to Linus. My guess is NVIDIA was probably out of review samples. I had a meeting with NVIDIA in Los Angeles weeks ago where I pitched the idea of them sponsoring a completely overkill upgrade for Skunkworks as the PC represents my growth and passion for this genre.

Skunkworks has always been a constant reminder of how far the channel has come. They agreed to send me the Titans weeks ago, presumably before Linus asked. Either way, please stop making this about Linus vs Me, and like I said, EVGA was not the supplier of the cards.

Just read the comments.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Jay contacted Nvidia wayyy before the teaser was out for them... Linus was last second... He straight up said that in a Tech Talk, who doesn't watch them? :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

From what I've seen on videos Jay has more water cooling experience then Linus. As you see in recent video "Hardline build" Linus was terrible...Plus I feel like Jay uses his Skunk Work computer way more then Linus, Linus can be all over the place and I don't think he would water cooled them.

But then again if Nvidia did give Linus 3 Titans, maybe Linus would be more serious and do more benchmarks or even water cool them.

Haswell i5 4670k OC (4.0 GHz 1.2v)  // GTX 970 FTW plus // MSI Z87 G45 // 8 GB G.SKILL RAM // ASUS 24 in 144 Hertz // Kingston SSD 240 GB

Well it's just my best educated guess, but Nvidia themselves probably manufactured only a few dozen or so units of the Titans and were in limited supply and/or were simply review samples.

Also note that Linusmediagroup got their 2nd Titan through EVGA, where Jay got all 3 of his.  Jay's Skunkworks build is made mostly of sponsored parts that were handed to him, and one his sponsors is EVGA, whom also provided to him his Mobo and PSU.