GTA 5 Bad FPS

x8andrew12

So I am getting like 20-35 fps while in the city and 40-55 in the northern parts.

PC specs: 

GPU: Radeon HD 6950

CPU: AMD FX - 4100 Quad core 

Ram: 8gb ddr3

Heatsinks: CPU I use cooler master hyper 212 and for GPU I use accelero L2 plus

Now I know this pc is shit, it's because it is almost 3 years old and I was wondering if there was any way that I could raise FPS whether it be overclocking (if even possible with these parts) or a program like Radeonpro or CCC. I currently use MSI Afterburner for fan control.

If you haven't already, im pretty sure there are special setting for your type of Graphics Card like AMD or Nvidia. Also my friend seems to have been having the same troubles as you and he said he downloaded special graphical drivers which the game recommends for you. However I do not personally own the game, these are just what I have heard.

Because your computer is quite slow...

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Get the new AMD Drivers for GTA V. I went from getting mid 20s with dual 290s to getting well over 70. 

GTA V Does not play well with FX CPU's, especially the lower end ones. 

Also make sure you have the Beta AMD drivers.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

The best you can do is kill background processes while gaming, download the AMD beta driver for GTA 5 and set it to minimum settings and OC the hell out of both CPU and GPU.

Your CPU meets the minimum required for GTA 5, despite your GPU being better than the minimum required in this particular case. The difference you see in city and other places are the amount of objects being displayed, the A.I, and interactions (cars, people, hats, animals, relecting light, casting shadows and colliding with each other...)

Remember performance will always be equal to the performance provided by the weakest part in your system. (If you have windows installed on a potatoe your entire pc will perform like a potatoe, same goes to other components).

What I recommend is turn off all anti-aliasing if you're at 1080p or above, and run normal quality textures. Since your GPU is older, it will be at a disadvantege, since GTAV has a extremely punishing engine. Check memory usage, make sure that's at about (if your card is 2GB) 1500 megabytes. Turn population density, grass quality, shadow quality, and population diversity down. I also recommend overclocking (if you aren't already). I also recommend using low quality reflections, and particle count as low as possible.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!