Gaming Pc Build tips

Hello everyone,

Probably a bit off-topic, I'm new at the forum..

I want to build a gaming PC wich can max out all (upcoming) games at 1080p at a fps around 50-60..

Currently have selected these parts:

Intel Core I-5 4460

Msi H97 Gaming motherboard

2 x 4Gb Ballistix sport ram

Crucial BX100

WD Blue 1 TB

Evga GTX 970 4gb

NZXT H 440

600W Corsair semi-modular PSU

Had anybody got some tips for improvements? Is the 970 overkill for my goal?

Thanks in advance,

Jo__Nathan99

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

Moved to New Builds and Planning.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

looks like a wonderful first build. Maybe you want to get a z97 mobo so you can upgrade to a 4690k later?

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

Looks good to me.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Thanks for the feedback! I think i will replace the mobo with the z97.

My budget is around a grand..

A grand in what currency..?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

honestly don't bother, You PC is a really solid build and that CPU is very good. Why do a small upgrade to Z97 when your CPU will run perfectly at least till the next gen CPU comes along and than get that MB+CPU. 

your PC is a very very solid build and i really wouldn't be worried, maybe spend the money on a good headset, mech keyboard or good gaming mouse if you don't already have. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333