Tripod

most cheap tripods with cranks are atrocious and super plasticity, heck my tripod was hundreds and does not have one, though most do let you raise the centre column!

again not sure whats good in that budget, perhaps the cheapest manfrotto tripod you can find they are generally well built and priced

Yeah, i think thats a bit over my price range.... max £20 thats way too much, cheapest is £50! and that isnt that great....

i need to find something....

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x + H150i Elite LCD     

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3600MHz CL16

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Lamzu Atlantis Pro Mini 4khz

Keyboard: Akko 5075B Plus

Ok, so do you think the velbon one isnt good??? I'm a 13 year old, and its just my hobby to do cool camera stuff, and I'm thinking of starting a YT channel, but that won't be for some time....

I have a very small budget, and the slider I want to get is already pushing it, it is the neewer 32" slider, and its about £50! Thoughts??? I want a head that will work with the slider and is fluid, but it needs a tripod anyway.... So I need a nice cheap, but sturdy tripod that does the job. The head is £30 and including a tripod I have a Max budget of £50! So absolute Max another £20. Ideally it should be around £15. Because I need a ball head as well....

So around that price range please suggest equipment!

Thanks

Gershy13

Also, I'm not planning to move from my room, maybe a little around the house, but not much....

Okay so if that is the case get the head below and a super cheap set of legs. 

this is better http://www.amazon.co.uk/Benro-S2-Video-Head/dp/B008EH1WB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430220655&sr=8-1&keywords=benro+s2

do you really need a slider? the cheap ones are pretty crap mine was £85 from koolertron and its not great at all

Much better one, pick that one and don't get a slider to start. Remember quality gear is better than more lower quality gear. 

Yeah, i think thats a bit over my price range.... max £20 thats way too much, cheapest is £50! and that isnt that great....

i need to find something....

I dunno what to say, i find it hard to recommend cheap stuff, especially when photography is concerned

Good luck  though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I dunno what to say, i find it hard to recommend cheap stuff, especially when photography is concerned

Good luck  though

Thanks

Okay so if that is the case get the head below and a super cheap set of legs. 

Much better one, pick that one and don't get a slider to start. Remember quality gear is better than more lower quality gear. 

I need a slider, and that is too expensive. Unless it comes with tripod legs, or you can find legs fore extremely cheap!

I need a slider, and that is too expensive. Unless it comes with tripod legs, or you can find legs fore extremely cheap!

Do you need a slider or do you want one? Any slider worth buying is around $150 CAD or more closer to $300 CAD for something in the moderate to good range. Two different things. Buy this one and remove the head and replace it with the one above. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aluminium-Camcorder-Extendable-HDR-PJ810E-HDR-CX330E/dp/B00FEI2FNI/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1430254653&sr=8-19&keywords=tripod+legs

Don't expect those legs to be the only thing to hold a slider though. You will need two or a really good one.

Do you need a slider or do you want one? Any slider worth buying is around $150 CAD or more closer to $300 CAD for something in the moderate to good range. Two different things. Buy this one and remove the head and replace it with the one above. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aluminium-Camcorder-Extendable-HDR-PJ810E-HDR-CX330E/dp/B00FEI2FNI/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1430254653&sr=8-19&keywords=tripod+legs

Don't expect those legs to be the only thing to hold a slider though. You will need two or a really good one.

Yeah, i have another tripod that can just about stand, and i have a mic stand, so im gonna buy an adapter....

Is that sturdy enough to hold a 650d and a nice lens?

also, can you take the head off? or do i have to put the head on the quick release plate?

Also, any ball head suggestions for cheap? under £15 to put on the slider?

That slider is very good for the price.

Any idea how to motorize it when i get more money?

the slider is the Neewer 32" slider.

Thanks

Gershy13

Yeah, i have another tripod that can just about stand, and i have a mic stand, so im gonna buy an adapter....

Is that sturdy enough to hold a 650d and a nice lens?

also, can you take the head off? or do i have to put the head on the quick release plate?

Also, any ball head suggestions for cheap? under £15 to put on the slider?

That slider is very good for the price.

Any idea how to motorize it when i get more money?

the slider is the Neewer 32" slider.

Thanks

Gershy13

What? I never linked a slider. The newer sliders are garbage by the way, not very smooth. Any ball head should work. Define nice lens, nice to me may be different than to you. So are you planning on using two tripods for the slider? Because that is how it should be done unless using a short slider like you want an a solid tripod. So you can max out the slider at one end and not have any bend or tipping. 

You can not motorize the Newer sliders, look at Konova they have great ones, I own the k5 ut the k2 is great as well. I just broke my K5 because I left it somewhere and forgot it was there until something heavy fell on it and bent it. Warning don't let douphel bag with sand fall on slider. 

What? I never linked a slider. The newer sliders are garbage by the way, not very smooth. Any ball head should work. Define nice lens, nice to me may be different than to you. So are you planning on using two tripods for the slider? Because that is how it should be done unless using a short slider like you want an a solid tripod. So you can max out the slider at one end and not have any bend or tipping. 

You can not motorize the Newer sliders, look at Konova they have great ones, I own the k5 ut the k2 is great as well. I just broke my K5 because I left it somewhere and forgot it was there until something heavy fell on it and bent it. Warning don't let douphel bag with sand fall on slider.

The 24" neewer one had terrible reviews, but the 32" was better, I saw some test footage from it and it was quite good... I'm going to compare test footage of those heads, and I'll look at konova ones, I'm not gonna take the slider outside.... I'll just get a cheap ball head then. One guy on amazon left a review that he was going to motorise it.... ???? How????

Can you motorise the konova ones???

Thanks

Gershy13

The 24" neewer one had terrible reviews, but the 32" was better, I saw some test footage from it and it was quite good... I'm going to compare test footage of those heads, and I'll look at konova ones, I'm not gonna take the slider outside.... I'll just get a cheap ball head then. One guy on amazon left a review that he was going to motorise it.... ???? How????

Thanks

Gershy13

Ok, the konova ones are wayyy too expensive....

Yes, Im gonna use 2 tripods.

A nice lens for me (low budget.....) Is the 50-250 Canon lens Stm

But mostly I will use the 18-55 that came with the camera.

Will it hold the slider???

Thanks

Gershy13

The reviews on amazon mean little sometimes and it seems this is one of them. That  slider will be crap no matter the size. And yeah you can motorize the Konova ones, they have a motor kit. Likely that guy way going to make a diy solution for a motor which sometimes can work great but others well it is a waste of time and money. 

Ok, the konova ones are wayyy too expensive....

They are literally the cheapest I would ever recommend getting. If you need it then buy one that will work ie the Konova, if you want one then wait. You say it is a hobby so you don't need it you want it. Buy a good one or look online and build a cheap one. As I say to everyone if you want to do work with cameras for cheap do pictures not video. Video is expensive, there is no way around that.  

Yes, Im gonna use 2 tripods.

A nice lens for me (low budget.....) Is the 50-250 Canon lens Stm

But mostly I will use the 18-55 that came with the camera.

Will it hold the slider???

Never refer to a kit lens as a nice one, they are the worst you can buy. I own and have used them upgrade that before even thinking about a slider. It will hold on the Konova slider and good you will use two tripods it means you can use cheap ones. I do that buy I have ones that are $50 or so each simply because I wanted lighter weight. 

So forget about the slider and get a good tripod head and a good lens. 

The reviews on amazon mean little sometimes and it seems this is one of them. That  slider will be crap no matter the size. And yeah you can motorize the Konova ones, they have a motor kit. Likely that guy way going to make a diy solution for a motor which sometimes can work great but others well it is a waste of time and money. 

They are literally the cheapest I would ever recommend getting. If you need it then buy one that will work ie the Konova, if you want one then wait. You say it is a hobby so you don't need it you want it. Buy a good one or look online and build a cheap one. As I say to everyone if you want to do work with cameras for cheap do pictures not video. Video is expensive, there is no way around that.  

Never refer to a kit lens as a nice one, they are the worst you can buy. I own and have used them upgrade that before even thinking about a slider. It will hold on the Konova slider and good you will use two tripods it means you can use cheap ones. I do that buy I have ones that are $50 or so each simply because I wanted lighter weight. 

So forget about the slider and get a good tripod head and a good lens.

I'm gonna get the neewer slider, and also probs buy the 50mm f1.8

With that tripod, and one of the heads....

Thanks

Gershy13

the  Velbon PH-368 Head is a old school based fluid head, I got a few here from back in the day, they haven't really upgraded it over the years. I personally don't think they work super great for video.

the  Velbon PH-368 Head is a old school based fluid head, I got a few here from back in the day, they haven't really upgraded it over the years. I personally don't think they work super great for video.

Really? why not? all the videos on it are super! the fluidity is amazing for the price!

• 2 weeks later...

Really? why not? all the videos on it are super! the fluidity is amazing for the price!

Yes they are good bang for the buck, but if you go into cinematography more it will not be good enough for you, its something you need to think about, are you planning to stay with more basic gear and upgrade later or whatnot. since a nice tripod head should last you decades.

Yes they are good bang for the buck, but if you go into cinematography more it will not be good enough for you, its something you need to think about, are you planning to stay with more basic gear and upgrade later or whatnot. since a nice tripod head should last you decades.

TBH, its just my hobby, and as a 13year old, i think it should be fine...