Silent Hills with Kojima, Del Toro and Norman Reedus is officially cancelled

NickTheMajin

http://kotaku.com/its-official-silent-hills-is-cancelled-1700379816

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-26-silent-hills-is-dead-actor-norman-reedus-confirms

You can mark me down as very sad regarding this. The P.T demo on PSN was awesome and Silent Hill is one of my all time favorite series. Without Kojima it will be interesting to see if Konami can even stay afloat. 

sad now 

This game was the main reason I bought a PS4 :(

you still have uncharted 4

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

lol, buying a system for a game that hasn't even come out yet.

Right, cause PC fanboys haven't done the same

cough Star Citizen cough 

sad now 

you still have uncharted 4

Not a big fan of the Uncharted series but might give it a go.

lol, buying a system for a game that hasn't even come out yet.

Well it wasn't solely for just this game but it got me considering a PS4 to play other exclusives.

Lol?

Lol.

cough Star Citizen cough 

This^

It's a wasted opportunity. Anyone who played the P.T demo knows that this would have been brilliant. So much potential gone for what was supposed to be the first good Silent Hill game in ages. The Silent Hill series is just so much scarier than anything we have now like Amnesia. 

http://kotaku.com/its-official-silent-hills-is-cancelled-1700379816

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-26-silent-hills-is-dead-actor-norman-reedus-confirms

You can mark me down as very sad regarding this. The P.T demo on PSN was awesome and Silent Hill is one of my all time favorite series. Without Kojima it will be interesting to see if Konami can even stay afloat.

All their shares have been DELISTED from the stock exchange as well

http://www.konami.co.jp/zaimu/2015/0427/en_aa7e9c.pdf

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

NO I WAS SO EXCITED FOR THIS

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

NO I WAS SO EXCITED FOR THIS

Join the club. It was one of the reasons I got a PS4 (Along with Bloodborne, Last of Us, UFC, Madden and a bunch of other console only titles). Shame that Silent Hill as it existed in P.T will never see the light of day. 

Join the club. It was one of the reasons I got a PS4 (Along with Bloodborne, Last of Us, UFC, Madden and a bunch of other console only titles). Shame that Silent Hill as it existed in P.T will never see the light of day.

Hopefully it will be produced under a different name.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Damn P.T was amazing and actually scary  - not just fucking scare jumps - the environment then sounds, the lighting, everything at that game was scary as fuck. 

I couldn't even complete P.T scary as fuck.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Using a character from a currently popular show is a terrible idea to begin with. For me this would've been a reason to not buy the game. Not sorry it got cancelled.

Using a character from a currently popular show is a terrible idea to begin with. For me this would've been a reason to not buy the game. Not sorry it got cancelled.

Explain?

Ignorance at its finest here folks. If a game goes out of their way to get good actors its automatically bad. Better not play The Elder Scrolls series. They used Patrick Stewart. 

cough Star Citizen cough 

What , lol..

At least Star Citzen has a very sizable alpha running as I speak.

Silent Hills had a very VERY short demo  , that was proof of concept and not even under the same name.

I don't think its comparable even slightly.

Please Linus! Add a "Game News" section! This stuff does not belong in "TECH News" but it doesn't belong in "Off Topic," "General Discussion," or "Gaming" either.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I'm pretty sure Norman Rewdus is not actually a TV character, unless there's something I'm missing.

Explain?

Norman Reedus has gained sudden popularity because of the role of Daryl Dixon he plays in The Walking Dead. Konami used his recognizability to get more attention for the now cancelled part of Silent Hill. While the first three Silent Hill games were very popular, the quality and interest in the game has decreased (much like the Resident Evil games).

Why else, if not for his popularity gained through his role in a horror tv show, has he been chosen to be used as a game character?

It's merely a trend. The same can be observed with other actors when they suddenly gain popularity because of one role in one film (Shia Labeouf, Gerard Butler, etc.) they get roles in dozens of other movies. Not because they are exceptional actors but because they are now recognizable ("hey, that's the guy from [insert movie/tv show]!").

Ignorance at its finest here folks. If a game goes out of their way to get good actors its automatically bad. Better not play The Elder Scrolls series. They used Patrick Stewart.

Right back at you ;-) There's a difference between using actors because of their talent and using their current popularity.

I'm pretty sure Norman Rewdus is not actually a TV character, unless there's something I'm missing.

He plays Daryl Dixon in The Walking Dead. His character is especially popular ("If Daryl dies we riot").

Edited by QwarkDreams

Norman Reedus has gained sudden popularity because of the role of Daryl Dixon he plays in The Walking Dead. Konami used his recognizability to get more attention for the now cancelled part of Silent Hill. While the first three Silent Hill games were very popular, the quality and interest in the game has decreased (much like the Resident Evil games). Why else, if not for his popularity gained through his role in a horror tv show, has he been chosen to be used as a game character?It's merely a trend. The same can be observed with other actors when they suddenly gain popularity because of one role in one film (Shia Labeouf, Gerard Butler, etc.) they get roles in dozens of other movies. Not because they are exceptional actors but because they are now recognizable ("hey, that's the guy from [insert movie/tv show]!"). Right back at you ;-) There's a difference between using actors because of their talent and using their current popularity.He plays Daryl Dixon in The Walking Dead. His character is especially popular ("If Daryl dies we riot").

And I would have to agree that he is a marvelous actor. I love him in the walking dead. And how could you know how well he would fit the character when we have absolutely no information on the story of the game. None of us have played it or know how his character would have been.

I like pretty much any movie with Leonardo DiCaprio. Not because he's popular but because he's an amazing actor.

As a rebuttal to your statement I can use Kevin Spacey's involvement in cod aw as an example. Although he is a marvelous actor, his character in the game was cliche and sucked. In that game, they used him for his popularity. But you have no way of knowing if that would have been case in Sillent Hills or not.

cough Star Citizen cough 

I know no one that bought a PC just for Star Citizen... 

I know no one that bought a PC just for Star Citizen...

Maybe you don't but I surely do.