Phantom keyboard pcb in CMStorm quick fire rapid case

Infin8

Hello, I want to build my own, custom mechanical keyboard and my question is, if I can fit the Phantom diy pcb in the case of the CMStorm quick fire rapid. Also, can I fit the L shaped enter key in?

It looks like it may fit, but you'ŕe going to have to mod it a bit to get it just right with the L key. I would just recommend your own keyboard case.

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Well, I don't have a 3D printer or machines to make my custom case. I could do it with wood but I wouldn't like it that way.

@TheProfosist may know he has built a few phantoms as I recall otherwise people on geekhack or deskthority may know

Yes ive built quite a few. yes the Phantom should fit in the case as its almost the same as a CM Storm. I dont know if the plate will be interchangeable though. The Phantom PCB does support ISO and many other ones including my own.

Yes ive built quite a few. yes the Phantom should fit in the case as its almost the same as a CM Storm. I dont know if the plate will be interchangeable though. The Phantom PCB does support ISO and many other ones including my own.

Thanks for your help, ill just go for it :D

Thanks for your help, ill just go for it :D

no problem

@ wich cases did you use to build with the phantom pcb? How would you bluild your own?

@TheProfosist wich cases did you use to build with the phantom pcb? How would you bluild your own?

I used PLU-87's for my first two. i used a Vortex case for another and I believe a filco for the other. The two in the PLU are mine. http://goo.gl/iPV6wg

Original Prototype (that wasn't supposed to be a prototype)

Original7bitPhantom.jpg

Final Products (that will get rebuilt eventually)

Latest%20Phantoms%20BLUE.jpg

Latest%20Phantoms%20PINK.jpg

I used PLU-87's for my first two. i used a Vortex case for another and I believe a filco for the other. The two in the PLU are mine.

Original7bitPhantom.jpg

Latest%20Phantoms%20BLUE.jpg

Latest%20Phantoms%20PINK.jpg
I feel like i have said this somewhere else but...

oh looks sexy. I kind of want to try the 7bit layout one of these days as well as anything i can buy a keycap set for lol

Also did you cut the case for that layout?

I feel like i have said this somewhere else but...

oh looks sexy. I kind of want to try the 7bit layout one of these days as well as anything i can buy a keycap set for lol

Also did you cut the case for that layout?

#lul :P

Thats the Prof layout the first is 7bit. I would rather have a space. All those extra bottom row keys were useless with all the others I added. Both sets were custom printed by WASD for me.

Yep I modded a white PLU-87. I did that because I really couldnt make myself cut up a Filco and they were much cheaper and an exact knockoff. :D

#lul :P

Thats the Prof layout the first is 7bit. I would rather have a space. All those extra bottom row keys were useless with all the others I added. Both sets were custom printed by WASD for me.

Love the keycaps i think i want a keyboard with like a 4u space bar i really don't use most of a normal size space bar anyways but the 7bit layout looks hard to find caps for as well.

Love the keycaps i think i want a keyboard with like a 4u space bar i really don't use most of a normal size space bar anyways but the 7bit layout looks hard to find caps for as well.

I had to have them made or labeled I guess you could say.

I had to get them made and I think it was worth it. I also think the color scheme definitely came together

I really like the phantom on the space bar it gives it a nice touch you don't normally see on phantoms

I really like the phantom on the space bar it gives it a nice touch you don't normally see on phantoms

I quite liked it. I think someone stole the idea and was making some at one point or another but I dont know how well they sold.

• 3 months later...

I used PLU-87's for my first two. i used a Vortex case for another and I believe a filco for the other. The two in the PLU are mine. http://goo.gl/iPV6wg

eww... <_> its big. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

eww... <_> its big.

Huh? What do you mean?