Skylake Leaked Benchmarks

hal9001

As I posted in another thread these benchmarks are fake, and it says so right in the original source if you translate it:

"We have prepared the following about the potential performance curve of Skylake processors. Intel i7 6700 benchmark test that takes place in this comparison were prepared on the basis of performances given by Intel's processors in the previous year."

All they did was fabricate the charts based on previous generational improvements. Nothing in those charts are based on actual samples, just estimated figures based on previous IPC performance increases from the years before. 

I'm sorry, I was unable to translate it on my phone, but you are absolutely right. Can you please explain the gaming benchmark scores to me?

I'm sorry, I was unable to translate it on my phone, but you are absolutely right. Can you please explain the gaming benchmark scores to me?

If you look at websites like Gamegpu.ru they usually provide CPU benchmarks for their games showing bottlenecks on processors or performance differences (as in FPS numbers) between using different processors. They probably just looked at benchmarks like that across the web (from other websites too) and analyzed the information; then took an average difference based on generational improvements in games; like from Sandy Bridge, to Ivy Bridge, to Haswell etc. Then just took whatever percentage that was (as in the fps increase from one generation to the next) and applied it to chart referencing the 6700k.

Let me guess 10% increase in overall performance and lower power consumption. All I need to do is confirm. Oh look what a surprise I was right. If only AMD would stop being shit.

amd already announced when their new cpus are going to be launched idk what more people want 

amd already announced when their new cpus are going to be launched idk what more people want 

In this case I think what they want is an option instead of Intel.  For CPU's, until AMD actually release something, they are becoming increasingly shit.

It is at the stage now when people ask for recommendations that I don't know anyone who even bothers checking AMD prices let alone if they have anything worth buying.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

In this case I think what they want is an option instead of Intel.  For CPU's, until AMD actually release something, they are becoming increasingly shit.

It is at the stage now when people ask for recommendations that I don't know anyone who even bothers checking AMD prices let alone if they have anything worth buying.

when people only have enough budget for intel dual cores i ask them if they want maximum game performance or are they going to be multitasking 

when people only have enough budget for intel dual cores i ask them if they want maximum game performance or are they going to be multitasking 

And?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The higher TDP is likely due to a bigger iGPU, but it may also have to do with the transistor density at 14nm requiring more power to feed all the transistors. I am curious if Intel will upgrade the stock cooler for this cpu, given how fast the cpu will heat up under load (note that I am talking about internal temps, not overall heat output). I am confident that 4.5Ghz on air might be incredibly difficult, even with something like a D15.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

This is just an outright lie. Clearly Skylake's disruption is the massive clock jump up to 6GHz, not to mention the cache has been changed to be QDR for even more bandwidth. No need for more cores or threads. Besides, the new Crystalwell L4 cache on Skylake will be used as an optimization cache just like in Nvidia Denver, meaning all that nasty SISD legacy software can just be JIT-optimized to SIMD to extract more ILP. It's a little known fact Nvidia actually got the tech from Intel so as to keep AMD out of the mobile computing market and to make sure there's an ARM-based competitor to K12 for dense and low-powered servers.

AMD is doomed. Praise be to Paul Otellini and Jen-Hsun Huang. All of this propaganda made by the lying witch Lisa Su shall not deceive real tech nerds.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This is just an outright lie. Clearly Skylake's disruption is the massive clock jump up to 6GHz, not to mention the cache has been changed to be QDR for even more bandwidth. No need for more cores or threads. Besides, the new Crystalwell L4 cache on Skylake will be used as an optimization cache just like in Nvidia Denver, meaning all that nasty SISD legacy software can just be JIT-optimized to SIMD to extract more ILP. It's a little known fact Nvidia actually got the tech from Intel so as to keep AMD out of the mobile computing market and to make sure there's an ARM-based competitor to K12 for dense and low-powered servers.

AMD is doomed. Praise be to Paul Otellini and Jen-Hsun Huang. All of this propaganda made by the lying witch Lisa Su shall not deceive real tech nerds.

Do you even read the bullshit you type before submitting it to the forum? Seriously, let me conform some data and you tell me how it sounds. Fun fact, GCN can execute up to 10 threads per SIMD or 40 per compute unit. So a fully HSA enabled APU with 8 compute units will effectively have 320 general purpose ALUs not including the CPU. Also K12 is not just a play toy for the low power and dense server market. It's targeting the high performance compute and high performance server ecosystem. It's going to rock the foundation of Intel's efforts as they simply cannot compete on such a scale of high performance at such low power envelopes. ARM themselves are already starting to slap around Intel with A-72. What do you think is going to happen with Kellers K12 monster that has a larger engine than Zen.

Do you even read the bullshit you type before submitting it to the forum? Seriously, let me conform some data and you tell me how it sounds. Fun fact, GCN can execute up to 10 threads per SIMD or 40 per compute unit. So a fully HSA enabled APU with 8 compute units will effectively have 320 general purpose ALUs not including the CPU. Also K12 is not just a play toy for the low power and dense server market. It's targeting the high performance compute and high performance server ecosystem. It's going to rock the foundation of Intel's efforts as they simply cannot compete on such a scale of high performance at such low power envelopes. ARM themselves are already starting to slap around Intel with A-72. What do you think is going to happen with Kellers K12 monster that has a larger engine than Zen.

WOOOOW. There's no facepalm meme big enough for this blunder Opcode. Was the trolling really not obvious enough for you?

Furthermore, ARM is getting curb-stomped. Their TDP is going up and up and up and Intel's Cherry-Trail and Airmont have put them in direct competition with higher performance. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

WOOOOW. There's no facepalm meme big enough for this blunder Opcode. Was the trolling really not obvious enough for you?

Furthermore, ARM is getting curb-stomped. Their TDP is going up and up and up and Intel's Cherry-Trail and Airmont have put them in direct competition with higher performance. 

If you're going to post sarcasm at least make it obvious (e.g. "/sarcasm") otherwise on-goers will take you literal. I wouldn't say so as they are nearly matching Xeon EP performance at 1/3 of the power consumption according to their internal testing. In the ecosystem where they are targeted that's a huge influence in purchase. If A-72 is living up to them numbers how well do you think a completely custom ARM architecture by Keller is going to perform...

cortex-a72-vs-xeon-e5-power-consumption-

What more important to me is the gaming benchmarks and going off them benchmarks. But only them benchmarks what a waste of money if you have a i7 4790k even 4770k which I have. Skipping 3 generations of CPU is best. guess I will wait for Pascal or the next gen after that.

It's sketchy

Also if you imitate putting salt on your tongue you will taste salt

All these flavors

And you choose to be salty

If you're going to post sarcasm at least make it obvious (e.g. "/sarcasm") otherwise on-goers will take you literal. I wouldn't say so as they are nearly matching Xeon EP performance at 1/3 of the power consumption according to their internal testing. In the ecosystem where they are targeted that's a huge influence in purchase. If A-72 is living up to them numbers how well do you think a completely custom ARM architecture by Keller is going to perform...

Internal testing is not proof and you know it.

oops. my mind meant the 6300. still confuses me. now that i think about it thers the core 2 quad Q6600. too many 6 names.

Well, there's the AMD A8-6600K.

Bit of a stretch, though. As all of those are. :P

Improbable

Also 6700k turbos lower than 4790k ? :/

Maybe the stock cooler wasnt doing the best job when turbo was on so they lowered it down. Who knows.

Once we see Linus's benchmarks for overclocked 6700k we can say how good/uninteresting this chip series is.

Until then i keep my hopes for Cannonlake.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I think I saw this in the other thread about Skylake, but it was mentioned that the 4770K did not turbo higher than the 6700K. It was only when they released Devil's Canyon that they bumped up the clock speeds (many believe they felt comfortably in doing this by having binned the chips for a while).

Higher stock clocks means that they have to guarantee that all chips can hit those speeds consistently and maintain reliability. Generally, 200 MHz these days don't make a whole lot of difference as performance is concerned. Plus it's a K SKU so you can always overclock it yourself.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

Let me guess 10% increase in overall performance and lower power consumption. All I need to do is confirm. Oh look what a surprise I was right. If only AMD would stop being shit.

Lower power consumption is good. Not for the electricity cost reduction but just for hardware in general.

As I posted in another thread these benchmarks are fake, and it says so right in the original source if you translate it:

"We have prepared the following about the potential performance curve of Skylake processors. Intel i7 6700 benchmark test that takes place in this comparison were prepared on the basis of performances given by Intel's processors in the previous year."

All they did was fabricate the charts based on previous generational improvements. Nothing in those charts are based on actual samples, just estimated figures based on previous IPC performance increases from the years before. 

46894-Seinfeld-Im-outta-here-gif-6hjv.gi

AMD 860K @ 4.3GHz ; Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz ; Asus A88XM-Plus ; Sapphire R9 270X 2GB ; 600W Tacens Radix VII AG 80+Silver  ; Cooler Master TX3 Evo

i can make a better fake slider than that just to gain views and attention with click baits...

So the only part of the thread title that bears any resemblance to the finished product is the word "Skylake"? They aren't benchmarks, and they weren't really leaked...

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Lower power consumption is good. Not for the electricity cost reduction but just for hardware in general.

Yes it's very nice but do you know what is nicer more then 10% increase in performance. It's almost like Intel is aiming for a 10% boost in performance every time.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard