Skylake Leaked Benchmarks

hal9001

Source: http://www.pcfrm.com/intel-i7-6700k-vs-i7-4790k/

I just found this while browsing Guru3d

Well, it looks like we may be recieving more than we had anticipated with skylake. These numbers show an improvement of 5-10% over haswell, but as we already know, they will have a higher TDP at 95w, allowing for better overclocking. I'm very interested in how this will play out in laptops with the much improved IGPU performance and the lower power ddr4. Could we be seeing the 35w desktop parts installed in some consumer laptops? Very exciting news nonetheless. Please pardon this article's poor format, as I'm on mobile.

http://youtu.be/3D3JRmaPLi4

Edited by Glenwing
Removed caps lock from title

Improbable 

Also 6700k turbos lower than 4790k ? :/

In addition take these with a grain of salt, as i don't believe that this is a "credible" source.

... they will have a higher TDP at 95w, allowing for better overclocking...

It's usually the other way around, lower tdp means you have more headroom to overclock, and Intel has had problems clocking these 14nm chip very high, the high tdp could mean they are already close to their limits, like the fx-9590 from amd for example.

really wish they had stayed conventional to the old naming shceeme. i5 6600k seems to much like the fx 6600. but thats just me being whiney.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Let me guess 10% increase in overall performance and lower power consumption. All I need to do is confirm. Oh look what a surprise I was right. If only AMD would stop being shit.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

really wish they had stayed conventional to the old naming shceeme. i5 6600k seems to much like the fx 6600. but thats just me being whiney.

Maybe this is elusive to Intel improving performance by just as much as sandy bridge did over its predecessor. One could only hope.

FX6600 ? lol

Never heard from that cpu to be honnest :P

FX6600 ? lol

Never heard from that cpu to be honnest :P

oops. my mind meant the 6300. still confuses me. now that i think about it thers the core 2 quad Q6600. too many 6 names.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Already been posted in the other thread, translation from the source;

We have prepared the following about the potential performance graphics processors Skylake curve. Intel i7 6700 processor Intel has made this comparison in the previous year, where the benchmark test is designed on the basis of performance.

I swear some people on this forum uses wccftech and fudzilla as their homepage.

did anyone notice its a 4 core 4 threaded i7 not 4/8

that post is about specs not benchmarks.

Intel-i7-6700K-vs-i7-4790K-5820K2.pngWhere's that i7?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

did anyone notice its a 4 core 4 threaded i7 not 4/8

Yeah was about to say that, I suppose it's a typo

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Neat, of course we can't judge it on pre-release product scores, as far as I know this could be fake.

Improbable 

Also 6700k turbos lower than 4790k ? :/

Skylake-S vs. Haswell refresh? I'm not surprised. They're still tuning the 14nm node for HP processes. And actually the boost is not improbable. 19.2% boost per clock over Haswell is perfectly reasonable given the claims of disruption.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Intel-i7-6700K-vs-i7-4790K-5820K2.pngWhere's that i7?

its in the video like that.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

As I posted in another thread these benchmarks are fake, and it says so right in the original source if you translate it:

"We have prepared the following about the potential performance curve of Skylake processors. Intel i7 6700 benchmark test that takes place in this comparison were prepared on the basis of performances given by Intel's processors in the previous year."

All they did was fabricate the charts based on previous generational improvements. Nothing in those charts are based on actual samples, just estimated figures based on previous IPC performance increases from the years before. 

Noice but I'll wait until we get proper benchmarks from linus etc

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I'm willing to bet Intel is skipping out on Broadwell (we still haven't seen chips) and are going to use Skylake as their die shrink from Haswell in their cycle.

oops. my mind meant the 6300. still confuses me. now that i think about it thers the core 2 quad Q6600. too many 6 names.

i7-6700 / A10-6700

i5-6600k / A8-6600k

Seems like Intel is adopting AMD naming scheme this time around.  :lol: