X99 monster build question

Strike1st

Hello folks,

First of all I would like to thank linus tech tips for all the information and testing that they do. they really made me interested in PC building.

ok let's get down to it.

P.S. I am not a professional PC builder and I am pretty bad when it comes to compatibility issues.

I have already built a Z97 rig and I would like to build another one with x99 and push it to the extreme.

Last week I managed to get my hands on 2 EVGA TITAN X and they are sitting in my closet like shy lesbians.

The pieces I have in mind are as followed:

Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME, Extended ATX x99 Motherboard , LGA 2011-V3 Socket, DDR4 3300Mhz+(OC).

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5960X Processor Extreme Edition (20M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)

RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666Mhz (4x8GB)

Power Supply: AX1500i Digital ATX Power Supply — 1500 Watt Fully-Modular PSU (Corsair)

Cooling System: Undecided. Not a big issue at the moment.

GPUs: 2x EVGA Titan X (2 way SLI)

With this build I am planning to upgrade it later in 3 phases.

Phase 1: build the PC as specified above.

Phase 2: Add Custom water cooling for CPU (Hose pipes).

Phase 3: Upgrade to 4 way SLI Titan X. Add 2 loops of hard line water cooling one for CPU and another for GPUs.

My questions are as follows:

1) Are there any compatibility issues?

2) What Computer Case would you suggest? (Must have enough space for lots of fans and radiators for later water cooling. And a big must is have a big ass window so i can appreciate my work.)

3) Any suggestions you guys might have would certainly help.

1) No

2) CaseLabs Magnum SMA8

3) What will you be using it for?

Phase 3: Upgrade to 4 way SLI Titan X. Add 2 loops of hard line water cooling one for CPU and another for GPUs.

Don't do it lol

dont spend so much on a PC please, thats just getting ridiculous

Mainly CUDA programming and 3DS Max Motion Design and World Creation. And ofcourse gaming.

I also run 5 Monitors for Multiboxing gaming.

Why shouldn't I go for 4 way SLI?

dont spend so much on a PC please, thats just getting ridiculous

I never asked if I am overkilling it.

I know it's overkill which is why I stated it's a monster build.

1 none at all 

2 i would get a 900D or a define r5 or h440 are all great cases

3 if i were u i would wait for the new amd cards becouse there are rumors that the 390x will be better than the titan so i would hold on to see what that is about

1. Compatability is completely fine

2. CaseLabs SMA8, it's like 500-600 bucks (you can customize it), but it looks fantastic and will fit everything you may want to throw in it. 

3. Make the build have a dual-colour scheme and colour the coolant those colours. Pls go triple 4k monitors for the primary ones

4 (for everyone else in the forums) - if he wants to to quad Titan X let the man be, it's his choice and his applications may ACTUALLY NEED IT SO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT OVERKILL

1 none at all 

2 i would get a 900D or a define r5 or h440 are all great cases

3 if i were u i would wait for the new amd cards becouse there are rumors that the 390x will be better than the titan so i would hold on to see what that is about

I already got the titan Xs sitting in my home. not yet opened though so I can sell them in case of a disaster.

I will give it a thinking.

1. Compatability is completely fine

2. CaseLabs SMA8, it's like 500-600 bucks (you can customize it), but it looks fantastic and will fit everything you may want to throw in it. 

3. Make the build have a dual-colour scheme and colour the coolant those colours. Pls go triple 4k monitors for the primary ones

4 (for everyone else in the forums) - if he wants to to quad Titan X let the man be, it's his choice and his applications may ACTUALLY NEED IT SO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT OVERKILL

The color scheme I will go for is black/white/green. I will be manually installing LED lighting strips with a remote so I can change the color however I want.

As for the cooler I will go for NZXT one and turn it to green color.

My GPUs will have geforce titan x green lighted and SLI bridge will be Nvidia one they provide for extra coolness.

As for monitor, for my z97 build I am actually using gtx 980 sli with 31 inch 4k monitor on top + 4 ultrasharp DELL 27 inches in the bottom.

I use 4k mostly for gaming and the other 4 for multitasking and multiboxing.

so you can guess why my sli gtx 980 cannot handle it for multiboxing.