C# form opacity help

WolfDeville
Go to solution Solved by madknight3,

WinForms

The forms Opacity property works fine for me.

public partial class Form1 : Form{    public Form1()    {        InitializeComponent();    }    private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)    {        this.Opacity = 0.5;    }}

Hallo,

I'm working on application and I need to be able to change the opacity of Form1 with the click of a button but everything I've tried doesn't work. I'd like to do this without having to create a new Form if possible.

Cheers.

What are your current attempts? it shouldn't be hard in theory.

WinForms

public partial class Form1 : Form{    public Form1()    {        InitializeComponent();    }    private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)    {        this.Opacity = 0.5;    }}

What are your current attempts? it shouldn't be hard in theory.

I tried making a bool and a while loop in public Form1 that checks the status of the bool but it kept creating heaps of items in the system tray.

Son of a bitch... I was going to try this.opacity but I thought that would change the opacity of the button. I fucking love you bro haha cheers!

Son of a bitch... I was going to try this.opacity but I thought that would change the opacity of the button. I fucking love you bro haha cheers!

Too basic C# lol.

Anyway, we are all here to learn.