Looking for a small case - is this possible?

jayctech

Heading off to uni for the final quarter of the year (and beyond).

Not going to take my tower there because trains/expensive courier.

Originally I was going to buy and take a laptop, but then I was wondering if it'd be possible to buy a smaller case?

So what I'm looking for -

• Small case that is light and small enough to be carried in one hand (in a bag or something)
  • Will fit a fullsize G1 970

Ideally will also fit 2 3.5inch hddand a 2.5inch ssd (can be stuffed in).

As I say in title - this is a question of if it's possible or not.

Extras:

• UK so GBP pricing and availability only please
  • No real budget on this since I don't want to set a budget of say £20 (this is deliberately way too low) and then it turns out all decent options are like £50 (if decent options exist)

I think silverstone are probably the closest you'll get with the RVZ01, or the FTZ01 and RVZ02 that are coming out soon.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Silverstone Raven RVZ01

I think silverstone are probably the closest you'll get with the RVZ01, or the FTZ01 and RVZ02 that are coming out soon.

It looks pretty solid. Either of you know of any pictures comparing its size next to a referable item? Either that or you know it's approx the same size as something?

An Xbone or PS4 size comparison would be good since I can pop down to any game store and see one physically.

EDIT:

Thoughts on the Node 605?

It looks pretty solid. Either of you know of any pictures comparing its size next to a referable item? Either that or you know it's approx the same size as something?

An Xbone or PS4 size comparison would be good since I can pop down to any game store and see one physically.

I think Linus compared the size of it with a coke can or something in his review.

This is it next to a 360, if that's any help.

500x1000px-LL-5eb8772c_P1030649.jpeg

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I think Linus compared the size of it with a coke can or something in his review.

This is it next to a 360, if that's any help.

500x1000px-LL-5eb8772c_P1030649.jpeg

Thanks for the image. Possibly. Depends on if they still sell em in stores for me to compare.