high gpu idle temps [MSI R9 290x Lightning]

FinalEffect

I have been getting video card resets and decided to look into it more.  I am currently "locked" at 62C/63C for an idle temp.  Won't go under that. I used to only get up to about 55C under gaming load.  What are some things I could try to bring it down?  

--I've tried resetting the overclock to stock core clock and memory clock, still won't go below 62C.

--All 3 gpu fans appear to be working properly

Replace thermal compound. Often the compound can become dried and crusty. Card could be worn out too or bad drivers.

blackshades on

Replace thermal compound. Often the compound can become dried and crusty. Card could be worn out too or bad drivers.

Ill try that I have some Artic Silver 5 here.  Card is fairly new only 2-3 months.  I did recently update drivers though, Ill try an older one before I rip the card apart. Thanks

What case do you have, And how is your fan configuration?

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

SOLVED: I rolled back my drivers from amd-catalyst-15.4beta-64bit-win7-apr9 to amd-catalyst-15.3beta-64bit-win7-mar20 and my idle temp is back down to 39C/40C.  Thanks.