[PSA] How to prevent the loss of vehicles, and why you lose them in GTAO

Snickerzz

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204976408

If you lost your cars in GTAO,  submit a request. To prevent the loss of your cars, don't steal NPC cars and drive them in your garage (they're all poop anyways)

~~~~~~~

Question: I drove a vehicle into my garage from the street, and it replaced my personal vehicle without confirmation. How can I prevent this issue from happening, and can I get my replaced vehicle back?

Answer: We have identified an issue where personal vehicles are replaced without confirmation in the following scenario:

1. You are driving a personal vehicle from your full garage in GTA Online.
  2. You exit your personal vehicle to steal any unowned vehicle off of the street.
  3. You leave your personal vehicle on the street, and drive the street vehicle into your garage.
  4. The slot containing your personal vehicle is replaced immediately with the street vehicle without confirmation.

We are looking into a fix for this issue now, and we expect to have a fix ready for the next patch. To prevent this from happening to your vehicles, be sure to only drive vehicles from the street into a garage with free space.

If you believe that you have lost a vehicle in this way, please submit a request to our support team and we will return your vehicle to you as soon as possible.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Why would someone drive a street car into their garage anyway?

Seems kinda odd for someone to just drive out then steal a street car

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

If you want that type of car but do not want to buy it, if you're pulling high-value cars off of the street to sell, etc.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

not everyone in GTAO is rich :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Actually there are some muscle cars that aren't sold Online, so the only way is to steal them. I have two here: http://i.imgur.com/5VlbGNX.png

The ones between the Panto and Elegy on the other side, those two you can't buy Online, but you can steal and when modified(at least IMO) look badass.

Actually there are some muscle cars that aren't sold Online, so the only way is to steal them. I have two here: http://i.imgur.com/5VlbGNX.png

The ones between the Panto and Elegy on the other side, those two you can't buy Online, but you can steal and when modified(at least IMO) look badass.

also true. I had stolen a sanchez off the street because it was(is?) the only way to get a painted sanchez without the branding logos and stuff.