VRM temps Gigabyte 970a-ud3p

Hello guys,

I wanted to know what are the normal VRM temps for the Gigabyte 970a-ud3p (f2g beta BIOS) motherboard.

I was getting 97 degrees celsius under full load showing on HWinfo while running a prime95 stress test.

These temps were under VR T1 and VR T2 in HWiNFO.

My CPU temp was fine at 48 degrees celsius under load.

AMD FX-8320 - OC'd to 4.2 ghz @ 1.296 Vcore (all other bios settings at default, APM disabled.

PSU - Antec HCG 620M

Anyone with this board or similar, or anyone with knowledge about this stuff please help?

Please see the screen shot.

Thanks a lot

post-224879-0-38513600-1430106266_thumb.

It's on the toasty side, but still acceptable. On regular use (not-prime-95) it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for that.

I reverted to stock clocks (3.5GHZ) and undervolted, and now I'm getting a maximum VRM temps of 80 Celsius when stress testing in Prime95. When playing games and normal use the temp never exceeds 70 C.

Thanks for that.

I reverted to stock clocks (3.5GHZ) and undervolted, and now I'm getting a maximum VRM temps of 80 Celsius when stress testing in Prime95. When playing games and normal use the temp never exceeds 70 C.

Keep in mind that AMD temps are different, VRMs do get hotter than Intel, because Haswell has the digital controller for it inside the CPU (which is also why their temperatures are hotter, a 4790k at 80°C is okey, a FX 8320 at 70°C is FIRE).

I'd keep the OC

Keep in mind that AMD temps are different, VRMs do get hotter than Intel, because Haswell has the digital controller for it inside the CPU (which is also why their temperatures are hotter, a 4790k at 80°C is okey, a FX 8320 at 70°C is FIRE).

I'd keep the OC

That makes sense. Seeing as my CPU temp is well below the limit at 48C I can keep the OC. My only concern was the VRM temps, which you said can take those high temps so I should be good.

By the way, I've noticed that the vcore dropped to 1.224 under load as it's showing in the screenshot but I had it set at 1.296 in the bios. Is this an issue?

Thank you

I had that board with a 6350@4.6ghz. I put a small fan near the VRM's and behind the mobo panel vright behind where the VRM's are. It did help quite a bit. It was more than a year ago so I can't remember the numbers. Just some food for thought.

FX-8350@5ghz - 16GB-XMS@1866 - GIGABYTE GTX 980 G1 GAMING - 990FXA-UD7 - H100i - RM850 - 760T

I had a gigabyte 990fxa ud3 rev1.2 board (restarting,overheating&bsoding) and now i have a sabertooth 990fx board do i need to say more?

I had that board with a 6350@4.6ghz. I put a small fan near the VRM's and behind the mobo panel vright behind where the VRM's are. It did help quite a bit. It was more than a year ago so I can't remember the numbers. Just some food for thought.

I had a gigabyte 990fxa ud3 rev1.2 board (restarting,overheating&bsoding) and now i have a sabertooth 990fx board do i need to say more?

Thanks guys.

I raised a ticket with Gigabyte "technical support" about this issue. Their response was that the VR T1 AND T2 temps in HWiNFO are for the CPU and System and that they're good for upto 100 Celsius.

I mean really? The fx-8320 is good for up to 62C. These guys answering the tickets don't have a clue.