Performance 2 HyperThreaded Cores in 4 Core games?

Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

How will a Hyperthreaded Dual core CPU (like the i3) react in games where you actually need 4 cores to run it?

Performance itself will be better then a dual-core without HT, but worse then a physical quad core (obviously, common sense). However as far as games that need a "quad-core" to run, like FarCry 4 and COD:AW, the game will read the i3 as a "quad" core (counting logical cores), so it will work fine.

Hello, and thanks for reading this already!

How will a Hyperthreaded Dual core CPU (like the i3) react in games where you actually need 4 cores to run it?

Thanks in advance!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Performance itself will be better then a dual-core without HT, but worse then a physical quad core (obviously, common sense). However as far as games that need a "quad-core" to run, like FarCry 4 and COD:AW, the game will read the i3 as a "quad" core (counting logical cores), so it will work fine.

"Rawr XD"

Thanks a lot @Tim Drake and @Aniallation!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I wonder. Some games that require quad cores just put all the CPU load on core 3. What effect would this have on a 2C HT processor?