SilverStone revealed the prototype of TJ08-PRO, a case based on the "TJ08-E"

Yesterday (25/4) Dirac, Silverstone's dealer in Japan, held the "SilverStone EXPO 2015 Spring" in collaboration with SilverStone. Besides the PSUs, fans and other accessories, SilverStone also revealed a prototype that they are working on, called the "TJ08-PRO".

IMG_5736_900x600.jpg

TJ08-PRO

The TJ08-Pro, which is based on the TJ08-E, is positioned as an high-end micro-ATX case. But instead of having a bizarre inverted micro-ATX layout with the PSU on top of the case, the new case has a normal ATX layout. According to the article, this change happens due to the trend of AIO liquid-cooler. With the new layout, you can now mount a 240/280mm AIO liquid cooler on top of the case (estimated through the mesh on top of the case), while the psu is position at the bottom of the case.

IMG_5737_900x600.jpg

IMG_5738_900x600.jpg

Another interesting thing of the new case is the hdd cage. Instead of having a one big drive cage like the TJ08-E, the TJ08-PRO feature 2 3.5" HDD cages, which each cage can hold 2 3.5" drives. One of the HDD cage is mounted under the only 5.25" drive bay, while the other is located on the bottom part of the case. In between the 2 drive cages is a fan, which I estimated is a 120mm/140mm fan. Also it seems SilverStone added a external HDD dock on top of the case, which seems can be shielded with a cover, according to the photo description. ( I haven't found a photo of the hdd dock without the cover.)

IMG_5742_900x600.jpg

SilverStone haven't released much info about the new case. SilverStone stated the case is still under development, and they will announce the retail version will in June during Computex. (I wanna to see the comparison of its cooling performance with that of the new KL06...)

Besides the TJ08-PRO, SilverStone also showed the CS01B & CS01B-HS, a mini NAS case which you can mount either 6 2.5" drives, or 2 3.5" drives and 2 2.5" drives ( for more info, you can see here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/288204-silverstone-revealed-cs01-cs01-hs-cs02-and-cs03/). SilverStone announced that they will be released in May.

IMG_5729_900x600.jpg

IMG_5726_900x600.jpg

In addition, SilverStone also showed the RVZ02, successor of the RVZ01, and its variant, the ML08. The RVZ02 and ML08 shared the same layout, but the cases are made from different materials.(Also ML08 has a built-in handle bar). SilverStone stated that the case will be released in August.

IMG_5753_900x600.jpg

IMG_5755_900x600.jpg

IMG_5769_900x600.jpg

In comparsion with the FTZ01

For more about the FTZ02, you can see Linus's video,

or here,

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/288227-silverstone-revealed-rvz02-and-confirmed-price-and-availability-of-ftz01-in-ces-2015/

Lastly, they revealed new PSUs with 80 Plus Titanium. These new 80-PLUS-Titanium PSUs will be branded as "Strider Titanium". In this event they showed the 600W, 700W, and 800W version, and they will be released in Q3 2015.

IMG_5775_900x600.jpg

http://ascii.jp/elem/000/001/003/1003465/(in Japanese)

tbh i dont really like the look of the new tj08... looks kinda boring :( 

The others look cool though! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Don't like the new TJ-08, the older one had a lot more going, I'd have just updated some things and changed the front a bit.

The other cases here looked just amazing! Including the FTZ01 that is not in sale yet :/

It looks terrible in my opinion. I really have a problem with the top and front.

I like more minimalistic cases.

is it just me or all of the silverstone cases look really old.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'm still shocked no one has commented or reviewed the Silverstone Milo 07, it's basically the raven rvz01 but it looks just soooo much better:

-snip-

That case was released a long time ago

Meh, silverstone cases really aren't that pretty looking anymore.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

That case was released a long time ago

I realize but it didn't got nearly as much coverage as the rvz01. I guess most didn't find it useful to review the same basic internal design however in the case of some cases from corsair and such they do get new reviews even though the internal layout is the same

-------

Current Rig

-------

Really getting over case manufactures thinking everyone is using ssd's and doesn't need/want 6 hdd's in there case, atleast make the hdd's removable give us options ffs! -_-

Meh, silverstone cases really aren't that pretty looking anymore.

DSCF4530.jpgDSCF4532.jpgDSCF4519.jpg

BTW @OP, that would be a 180mm fan

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

snip

BTW @OP, that would be a 180mm fan

That's really just a black box with a window, it's so uninteresting

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

A pretty sandblasted aluminum black box.

With silver stripe.

But, I don't want to argue, as I'm a Silverstone fan boy

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The Raven 5 (RV05) is a really nice looking Silverstone case.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

A pretty sandblasted aluminum black box.

With silver stripe.

But, I don't want to argue, as I'm a Silverstone fan boy

And it's subjective anyway

The Raven 5 (RV05) is a really nice looking Silverstone case.

It looks like batman with down syndrome to me

I REALLY like the ML08 if the handle can be removed (Which it looks like it can). I'm gonna have to look more into that case. I was originally going to get an RVZ02 but really didn't like how the front looked.

Looks like it's a 180 Air Penetrator fan in the front.

Honestly, it still looks like a rough draft. I hope it's more polished for it's final build. I would love a new M-ATX case. The other cases aren't doing it for me (except SG10). I would like Ncase to make one, but it seems like they won't even entertain the idea (doesn't look like they like the M-ATX form factor).

I'm just waiting for a true successor of the FT02

Its all about those volumetric clouds