Sapphire R7 260x TV Problem

Hi all, I have a dilemma that's annoying me quite a bit.

As stated I have a Sapphire R7 260X, great little card, glad that i bought it......

BUT this graphic card has some problems that my notebook gpu (gt630m) had no trouble handling.

1: On my laptop, I could put the settings at 1280x720p within a game and it would be perfectly stretched or upscaled to 1080p like it should.
BUT my R7 does not and leaves a border around my image. I can fix this problem by bumping up the res to 1280x768 in games but this is still an annoyance and I'm wandering what I can do to fix this as i have tried the overscan options on both my tv and my card through AMD and if I want to play at 720p upscaled I have to either, bump up the res, or slect ZOOM1 on my tv but thats annoying since when i go back to normal screen its all weird on normal display.

2:On my lappy I used to enable V-Sync in games and it worked, no tearing, no nothing. Silky goodness.
BUT on my R7 even though I have V-Sync enabled in game i still randomly get a tear here and there and I'm running at 60 fps.
If any of you could help it would be appreciated.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.
Also do you think its my graphics card or possibly my tv?

Thankyou :)

You sure you have the output settings in Catalyst Centre of whatever they call it these days set to 60Hz instead of 30?

You sure you have the output settings in Catalyst Centre of whatever they call it these days set to 60Hz instead of 30?

Yes I have done that.

Also note that these problems are through HDMI but they dont happen through my DVI moniter.