game zero need amps or sound card?

cjtaxi
Go to solution Solved by cjtaxi,

Audio passthrough from cheap-middle end speakers are usually not well built and could introduce noises. Case per case of course. It's better to go straight to the source. 

Anyway, just try them all. If you can't hear a difference, then there's no difference. 

ah hmmm ok ok thx for your suggestion...

hi guys im planning to replace my siberia v2 frost blue to sennheiser game zero...from what i hear that headset need an amp?or soundcard?i dunno (im not familiar with audio product for PC)

i found these soundcards Xonar DGX or DG or DX (are those any good or enough for the headset?)

for the amps i dont know since its hard to find who sells it here (maybe i'll buy it from amazon, etc)

so what should i get?any recommendation? thx before

oh yeah im using MSI Z97-Gaming 7 for the motherboard

PS :Sorry for bad english  :P

hi guys im planning to replace my siberia v2 frost blue to sennheiser game zero...from what i hear that headset need an amp?or soundcard?i dunno (im not familiar with audio product for PC)

i found these soundcards Xonar DGX or DG or DX (are those any good or enough for the headset?)

for the amps i dont know since its hard to find who sells it here (maybe i'll buy it from amazon, etc)

so what should i get?any recommendation? thx before

PS :Sorry for bad english  :P

i think if you get 200+ headphones you should at least have a decent Z97/H97/990fx mobo cuz they have very good onboard sound, if you get a soundcard then save up money for a better one

i think if you get 200+ headphones you should at least have a decent Z97/H97/990fx mobo cuz they have very good onboard sound, if you get a soundcard then save up money for a better one

oh yeah i forgot to tell you...im using MSi Z97-Gaming 7 Motherboard

oh yeah i forgot to tell you...im using MSi Z97-Gaming 7 Motherboard

That probably has very good onboard.

how about compared to steelseries siberia elite prism???is it worth it?or sennheiser better?

how about compared to steelseries siberia elite prism???is it worth it?or sennheiser better?

Sennheiser, being a real audio company.

It would be a real shame to not have a sound card :( (DAC would be better)

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

It would be a real shame to not have a sound card :( (DAC would be better)

A sound card is a DAC.

A sound card is a DAC.

I meant a dedicated DAC, you know what I mean. A dedicated DAC and AMP vs. a Souncard..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I meant a dedicated DAC, you know what I mean. A dedicated DAC and AMP vs. a Souncard..

Did I? Either way, no point.

ok lets say i buy the sennheiser game zero...my motherboard is Z97-Gaming 7 and im using Logitech Z506 5.1 Speakers...at the 1 of the satelitte got a 3.5mm jack hole for headset...will it work there or where should i put the game zero on?thx

ok lets say i buy the sennheiser game zero...my motherboard is Z97-Gaming 7 and im using Logitech Z506 5.1 Speakers...at the 1 of the satelitte got a 3.5mm jack hole for headset...will it work there or where should i put the game zero on?thx

Audio passthrough from cheap-middle end speakers are usually not well built and could introduce noises. Case per case of course. It's better to go straight to the source. 

Anyway, just try them all. If you can't hear a difference, then there's no difference. 

ah hmmm ok ok thx for your suggestion...