Computer freezes in BF3 and APB

ViruZ_HUN

Hi!

So i built my friends new computer. well it is not that new because it got older hardware which he just bought (he didnt have any money for new ones)

It is overclocked to 3.5 ghz 1.3 vcore and I tested AIDA 64 and it never crashes, it have been on for like 5 hours and no sign of crash. However there is 2 certain games which always crashes from 5 minutes to an hour between the crashes. Battlefield 3 and APB reloded. I cannot find any answer why it crashes that games and not every other game, and I am especially confused why it don't crash Aida 64 if it crashes those 2 games?

Is there any solution to this?, what could the problem be?

His hardware:

I7 930 OC to 3.5 ghz.

14 GB ram, (odd number, yes but we mixed some rams and it seems to work)

Asus P6T deluxe V2

60 GB adata SSD

1 TB seagate HDD

750 watt PSU

GTS 970 (no OC)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Hi!

So i built my friends new computer. well it is not that new because it got older hardware which he just bought (he didnt have any money for new ones)

It is overclocked to 3.5 ghz 1.3 vcore and I tested AIDA 64 and it never crashes, it have been on for like 5 hours and no sign of crash. However there is 2 certain games which always crashes from 5 minutes to an hour between the crashes. Battlefield 3 and APB reloded. I cannot find any answer why it crashes that games and not every other game, and I am especially confused why it don't crash Aida 64 if it crashes those 2 games?

Is there any solution to this?, what could the problem be?

His hardware:

I7 930 OC to 3.5 ghz.

14 GB ram, (odd number, yes but we mixed some rams and it seems to work)

Asus P6T deluxe V2

60 GB adata SSD

1 TB seagate HDD

750 watt PSU

GTS 970 (no OC)

set a lower clock on the cpu, its an i7 so it wont bottleneck anyways

If you reduce the OC or remove it completely does it still crash ?

Have you been through the event monitor to see reasons for crashing ?

Are the temps within an acceptable range ?

set a lower clock on the cpu, its an i7 so it wont bottleneck anyways

Already tried, he got 3 CPUs to the 1366 socket and every single of them crashes, both OCed and not OCed

If you reduce the OC or remove it completely does it still crash ?

Have you been through the event monitor to see reasons for crashing ?

Are the temps within an acceptable range ?

Reducing was already tried. it is not difference

Event monitor? what? please explain where I can get that and what it is.?

Temps is fine on all components. He got 2 monitors and we had the game on one monitor and the temp software on the other one

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

windows key > eventvwr     Have a look through the logs for the critical errors that cause unexpected shutdowns.

Completely remove the OC, the silicone lottery may just not be kind, it is going to be hard to pin point where errors come from if the system is not running completely stock.