The skyrim mods cost more than the game.

zappian

The one thing im rather curious about is if sales will come to these mods

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'll just copy paste this here ...

My take on this :

- Fix mods , simple feature or graphics , single weapons/armors and many more should be free

- DLC size mods ( Falskaar for example ) , huge armor and weapon sets ( which are plenty ) and some more should be behind a small paywall ( i'm thinking of 2-5 euro ) , BUT with option to donate .

Modders that put simple weapons and sell them for 5$ , if you want to get payed you might actually want to work a little more to get my money . Of course i might be biased in this matter because $/hour of work where i live is quite low .

If you're saying no-one is going to donate , either you haven't seen any twitch streams , or the modder isn't rewarding donations enough ( with let's say special thanks in description or in game , access to beta versions of mod updates ) .

Wow, that nice screenshots is definitely in game and I would love to buy it 3 times!11!!!1!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Not like I really care. Nexus has more than enough mods all for free

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I don't get this whole Skyrim mods thing.

You can get them for free on SkyrimNexus, so what the fuck?

Is it just because it is connected to Steam? If yes, then that is just a new level of dumb.

I don't get this whole Skyrim mods thing.

You can get them for free on SkyrimNexus, so what the fuck?

Is it just because it is connected to Steam? If yes, then that is just a new level of dumb.

The new versions of the mods are being pulled from nexus and are steam workshop pay wall exclusives.

Thats why.

This system is already corrupted..

post-220089-0-63018600-1430041912.jpg

junker build in the making

The new versions of the mods are being pulled from nexus and are steam workshop pay wall exclusives.

Thats why.

Blame the idiots that instead of using that as a chance for "We stay free, donate if you like" or "That would cost X on steam, donate Y to us against it!"

They get 25% on steam. Now no one will buy this, nor donate.

That 75% forces people to make their mods cost insane prices , like more than the actual game xD.

yea, that mod should be like 0.06€

This system is already corrupted..

you have just given me my new background sir

Most people who own Skyrim did not wait until it went on sale for $4.99 to buy it.  

Some (but by no means all) people pay upwards of $7 - 10 (or more) for a hat on TF2.  Many, many more will pay over $2.50 for a key to unlock a random drop.

I think that Valve have realized that, while it is difficult to get people to pay $60 up front for a game, if you get them going playing a game you can easily collect well over $60 - so long as you collect it in tolerable increments spread over an extended period of time.

The system was designed to enable content creators to spend more time making quality mods. It wasn't meant to be a "pull all of your old crap from free sites and sell it here" thing. They also miscalculated the amount of thieves and trolls this would bring. :P

The licensing deal with publishers for modders IS a very big deal. While Skyrim may not have been the best choice, I imagine this for something like Fallout 4 or a new Age of Empires where it would make plenty of sense. Despite the crybabies, it might make more people pick up modding themselves to add in the content they want. If they can be so inclined to stop their heavy breathing and furious keystroke typing anyhow. ^^

The system was designed to enable content creators to spend more time making quality mods. It wasn't meant to be a "pull all of your old crap from free sites and sell it here" thing. They also miscalculated the amount of thieves and trolls this would bring. :P

The licensing deal with publishers for modders IS a very big deal. While Skyrim may not have been the best choice, I imagine this for something like Fallout 4 or a new Age of Empires where it would make plenty of sense. Despite the crybabies, it might make more people pick up modding themselves to add in the content they want. If they can be so inclined to stop their heavy breathing and furious keystroke typing anyhow. ^^

It has more cons than pros  , thats the issue.

Pros:

- It might incentive more quality mods , which is not happening so far.

cons:

-Divided the community

-Is full of copyright issues

-Its very grey morally because mods are experimental and nature and usually depend on other mods , so making mods paid is a very complex situation. If mod A depends on mod B and mod A is paid does mod A need to pay revenue to mod B , do all mods need to pay something to SKSE?

-Will fill the store with trolls looking for a quick buck , its happening already.

-Its impossible to police and regulate and this whole self regulating BS from valve didnt work with greenlight.

-Putting the mods inside a pay wall will make users with 100-150 mods pay more on the mods than the game .

- The cut that valve and bethesda have set up for the modder that does the most work isnt enought to support them , even the apple store pays 70% to the content creator.

-Steam does have the infrastructure or customer support to handle this not even remotely.

-Mods take effort but putting them behind a pay wall instead of just having a donate button excludes part of the community and honestly it has enraged everyone toward the modders and steam producing bad will and general lack of interest.

-People can just rip mods from nexus and charge for them .

-Free mods now have ads which is retarded.

So while the idea is nice , the execution and the underlying issues make it a nightmare for both valve and the consumer.

It has more cons than pros  , thats the issue.

That's a very narrow list you have. xD

I avoid taking most of people's "cons" seriously because they're mostly invalid. For example, people being angry doesn't mean anything or people's moral/ethic codes don't matter beyond the person. They're not something anyone should take into account as a reason to not allow/do a thing.

It does have a lot of problems in the execution I completely agree. But the end result of this after the storm is going to open many doors previously closed. The future is the magic, not the present. B)

That's a very narrow list you have. xD

I avoid taking most of people's "cons" seriously because they're mostly invalid. For example, people being angry doesn't mean anything or people's moral/ethic codes don't matter beyond the person. They're not something anyone should take into account as a reason to not allow/do a thing.

It does have a lot of problems in the execution I completely agree. But the end result of this after the storm is going to open many doors previously closed. The future is the magic, not the present. B)

No, it's a joke.

Nobody brought this idea up before for a reason, and if you brought this up they would laugh at you on any forum.

It wasn't even in people's minds 4 days ago, now it suddenly has supporters and is okay?

You can sit there and say why it's a good thing all day.

Before this, everything was right in the modding community.

In 1 stroke they corrupted it and ruined something great.

And you're defending this vomit-inducing idea of Valve so they can have a quick cash grab.

It's skyrim's ebola.

I'm mad

There are creams that can help remove the butt hurt. Just apply gently.

There are creams that can help remove the butt hurt. Just apply gently.

Point proven. You're corrupt too. Have fun riding that Valve dick. :')

Perhaps GabEN will honor you anally.

No, it's a joke.

Nobody brought this idea up before for a reason, and if you brought this up they would laugh at you on any forum.

It wasn't even in people's minds 4 days ago, now it suddenly has supporters and is okay?

You can sit there and say why it's a good thing all day.

Before this, everything was right in the missing community.

In 1 stroke they corrupted it and ruined something great.

And you're defending this vomit-inducing idea of Valve so they can have a quick cash grab.

It's skyrim's ebola.

I was like you. This morning though, I listened to what Gopher had to say about it. If you can, and you truly care for the state of the Skyrim modding community, give yourself a chance to listen to what he has to say.

Being a modder himself, and a renowned one at that, he represents the average modder mindset and his stance on the matter will reassure you that this will not transpire beyond the current drama and bitching.

Point proven. You're corrupt too. Have fun riding that Valve dick. :')

Perhaps GabEN will honor you anally.

Some people will support valve whet ever they do.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why this is a bad idea .

I was like you. This morning though, I listened to what Gopher had to say about it. If you can, and you truly care for the state of the Skyrim modding community, give yourself a chance to listen to what he has to say.

Being a modder himself, and a renowned one at that, he represents the average modder mindset and his stance on the matter will reassure you that this will not transpire beyond the current drama and bitching.

Oh of course it will not go beyond that, people don't have a choice really. They will move on.

Just saying It's extremely corrupt. The entire idea is ridiculous.