Don't know what to choose when I see these prices in my country ...

Delusional Phil

ASUS GTX 970 STRIX : $395,5 ( Cheapest is ASUS )

ASUS GTX 960 STRIX : $252,3 ( Same ) 

GTX 760 from ASUS : $222,7 ( Only one GTX 760 )

ASUS GTX 750Ti STRIX : $163,6 ( Only one 750Ti )

R9 290X from Gigabyte : $627,3 ( Only one R9 290X )

R9 290 from Gigabyte : $459,1 ( There were two options : XFX or Gigabyte )

XFX R9 290 : $295,5 

R9 280X from PowerColor : $218,2 ( Only one R9 280X )

R9 280X from Gigabyte Windforce Edition : $363,6 ( Same )

R9 270X from PowerColor : $159,1 ( I like this version more than the HIS version ) 

And the question is : Which one of these should I choose If I want the best Price-Performance overall and in GTA V , Shadow Of Mordor ? ( If I were to run a I5 - 4460/ Xeon 1231-v3 ? ) 

No flame wars please ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

The 970 looks fine , Gta 5 is an nvidia game so i'd expect better support there . The amd card prices are hugely off , seeing as a 970 beats a 290X in GTA V 

Or the XFX 290 if your budget doesn't stretch that high . 

MSI GTX 960 in the Netherlands is €225 = $245

And the question is : Which one of these should I choose If I want the best Price-Performance overall and in GTA V , Shadow Of Mordor ? ( If I were to run a I5 - 4460/ Xeon 1231-v3 ? ) 

If you have budget for a 1231, you have budget for a 4690K. Get that one..

You don't see the : " If I were to ? " That means I don't have the money ... yet  :D . But I'll take that into consideration . Also , Which card ? GTX 970 ? 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

And why would he get the i5 i don't see a logical reason ?

970 bruh, for the money it's "the" bang for the buck

The 280X for 218 looks like the best price to performance option, but I would still go for the 970 if possible.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I think the 280x from powercolour has the best price here. Followed by the XFX 290.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

asus gtx 970 in my country is $430, so you dont have it worst. inno3d zotac and "palit" are way cheaper though, somewhere in the $332-347. asus gigabyte msi are overpriced here because people think they "perform better", talk about brand bias.

Because 4C is still the sweetspot. And you can overclock the 4690K.

Sure you can overclock but the xeon is also 4 cores+hyperthreading, that's what you mean with the 4C right ?

Also the price of the xeon is more compelling

Gigabyte > XFX 

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

You don't see the : " If I were to ? " That means I don't have the money ... yet  :D . But I'll take that into consideration . Also , Which card ? GTX 970 ? 

You should decide how much you want to spend on it first, because all we can tell you right now is that the Xeon is going to be slightly better than a locked Core i5 in some games. And it's hard to say if the Xeon is worth paying extra for without seeing your prices.

The GTX 970 is probably the best choice of the ones listed. The XFX R9 290 looks like another reasonable choice, but XFX's coolers aren't spectacular, and I don't think it would take to the Vietnamese climate well.

You should decide how much you want to spend on it first, because all we can tell you right now is that the Xeon is going to be slightly better than a locked Core i5 in some games. And it's hard to say if the Xeon is worth paying extra for without seeing your prices.

The GTX 970 is probably the best choice of the ones listed. The XFX R9 290 looks like another reasonable choice, but XFX's coolers aren't spectacular, and I don't think it would take to the Vietnamese climate well.

I have counted on the climate as well ... Then I found a R9 280X Tri-X TOXIC edition in my country ( not my country , but nothing a little shipping can do ) . It's about $257

I also found a R9 290 Tri-X , about $314

Appearantly that shop is for enthusiast and is about 1700km ( About 1180,6 miles ) away from where I live . But It's still in my country ...

On the budget , I was thinking about a $1000 build ( can go up to $50 more ) . After counting in the RAM , the MoBo , the PSU , the Case , the HDD ( no SSD , I will get that later ) . I'm left with a budget about $611 . ( PSU are damn expensive in my country , we have to pay double ... ) 

I was also thinking about building a budget build by lowering the CPU to an i3 and lowering the GPU to an R9 270X but I scratch that off since more cores is becoming more important . I wanted that Xeon because I still like the Hyper-threading even though it's not important in games  and because I want that L3 cache over the i5-4460 ( I know it's weird , I can change it if you want ) . I also want that to be cooled , the only thing spreading heat in my system should only be my graphics card , I'll have the 300R case to pull air through to cool it more ... That's what I planned .. 

I wanted that Xeon because I still like the Hyper-threading even though it's not important in games  and because I want that L3 cache over the i5-4460 ( I know it's weird , I can change it if you want )

The Xeon will help a little bit in certain games, but if you're aiming for 60 FPS you won't see a difference most of the time. If you can fit the Xeon into your budget that's great, but if the i5 lets you spend a bit more on your video card, that might be more beneficial.

The Xeon will help a little bit in certain games, but if you're aiming for 60 FPS you won't see a difference most of the time. If you can fit the Xeon into your budget that's great, but if the i5 lets you spend a bit more on your video card, that might be more beneficial.

If I down grade the Xeon to an i5-4460 , I would have enough money to buy a Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC ( Not TOXIC ) . But I'm skeptical about the lower memory clock ( 6400Mhz on R9 280X but just 5200 Mhz on R9 290 ?! ) and lower clock speed ( 1000Mhz ) . But I do want that 4GB of VRAM and that 512 bit bus ... But I guess I can OC it more with my RM 650 80+ Gold . Would that be enough to OC it ? 

If I down grade the Xeon to an i5-4460 , I would have enough money to buy a Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC ( Not TOXIC ) . But I'm skeptical about the lower memory clock ( 6400Mhz on R9 280X but just 5200 Mhz on R9 290 ?! ) and lower clock speed ( 1000Mhz ) . But I do want that 4GB of VRAM and that 512 bit bus ... But I guess I can OC it more with my RM 650 80+ Gold . Would that be enough to OC it ? 

Keep in mind that the 280X and 290 are based on entirely different processors, and the Hawaii-based R9 290 is definitely faster in all cases. It's quite close to an R9 290X.

Total memory bandwidth comes from both the memory frequency and the memory bus width. All things considered, the R9 290 ends up with 320 GB/s of memory bandwidth and the 280X has 288 GB/s. Despite a clock speed deficiency on paper, the R9 290's memory moves data faster.

I think an RM650 would give you room to overclock a bit. At least I'd be surprised if it didn't. Hopefully someone else can confirm/deny this.

Keep in mind that the 280X and 290 are based on entirely different processors, and the Hawaii-based R9 290 is definitely faster in all cases. It's quite close to an R9 290X.

Total memory bandwidth comes from both the memory frequency and the memory bus width. All things considered, the R9 290 ends up with 320 GB/s of memory bandwidth and the 280X has 288 GB/s. Despite a clock speed deficiency on paper, the R9 290's memory moves data faster.

I think an RM650 would give you room to overclock a bit. At least I'd be surprised if it didn't. Hopefully someone else can confirm/deny this.

So I'll guess I'll grab the i5-4460 with Sapphire R9 290 Ti-X then . Great . I've made up my mind now . Hooray , no more researching for 3hrs on whether or not to get the R9 280X and then dismiss it totally then get 960 then dismiss that idea as well ... Thank you .

R9 290 recommend 750W PSU . I think I can OC it just a tad bit since it used 250W . Since OC does not void my warranty , then I'd be happy to OC up to 1200Mhz or something If I can while keeping Wattage under control . ( Or I'll just let the Auto OC program do it instead )

So I'll guess I'll grab the i5-4460 with Sapphire R9 290 Ti-X then . Great . I've made up my mind now . Hooray , no more researching for 3hrs on whether or not to get the R9 280X and then dismiss it totally then get 960 then dismiss that idea as well ... Thank you .

R9 290 recommend 750W PSU . I think I can OC it just a tad bit since it used 250W . Since OC does not void my warranty , then I'd be happy to OC up to 1200Mhz or something If I can while keeping Wattage under control . ( Or I'll just let the Auto OC program do it instead )

the sapphire cards are awesome cards. pretty much the only cards i'd consider for amd now. i'm sure you'll be happy with it. honestly with a 750w power supply you'll have TONS of head room for overclocking. keep in mind recommended psu requirements assume lower end psu / older psu. an i5 system with an r9 290 would draw about 350w maybe 400w under heavy loads.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7481/the-amd-radeon-r9-290-review/15

Here's some power consumption numbers for an R9 290 system with an i7-4960X. Your power consumption should be lower, or at worst, equal. I think you have some room to overclock.

Edit: Duh, I didn't notice the next page has figures specifically for overclocking: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7481/the-amd-radeon-r9-290-review/16

Keep in mind that that was their launch day review and they had a reference-cooled 290. That's why their noise and heat data is so scary. A Tri-X cooled one should be fine.