Motherboard with clean audio

I got myself a HyperX Cloud headset and all the reviews say it has a super clean mic, but I found the mic was really quiet unless I cranked up the input volume, at which point there was a lot of static background noise. I've been told that there's a good chance that my motherboard just has shitty audio interface.

I'm using a Gigabyte Z97X-SLI board... so if anyone has suggestions on either motherboards with cleaner audio input and output (I have some static for very loud bass, such as explosions and sometimes during vocaloid music) or other things I can do (perhaps some sort of external device or even a sound card, if it'll work) to get better audio that'd be great!

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

The mic on it is terrible. I was going to buy it, but the microphone on my 2011 tablet is cleaner, so I use that.

You're motherboard audio is fine. If you were going to invest any money in audio, I'd get an external AMP/DAC

The mic on it is terrible. I was going to buy it, but the microphone on my 2011 tablet is cleaner, so I use that.

You're motherboard audio is fine. If you were going to invest any money in audio, I'd get an external AMP/DAC

I use external mic pre-amp, built in the sound mixer, since I don't take any non-XLR mics.

So yeah, any asus ROG mobo's will have better sound/mic.

Those shouldn't give you shitty bass. There may be a setting on some sound software for your board that you may have installed that's causing that (that's if you have any installed, you should check).

But yes, the mic on the Clouds isn't great. I use the cheap Zalman mic that some people would recommend within headphone combo's and it's lightyears better.

That motherboard shouldnt have bad audio to be honest. You could get an external sound card or somethign simmilar and try it though.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Those shouldn't give you shitty bass. There may be a setting on some sound software for your board that you may have installed that's causing that (that's if you have any installed, you should check).

But yes, the mic on the Clouds isn't great. I use the cheap Zalman mic that some people would recommend within headphone combo's and it's lightyears better.

Crap, all the reviews I read said it had a really good mic, so I figured it was my board.

Okay so I should just get a better microphone... something like a modmic?

And my board only has the realtek thing that came with it and I don't have any custom settings on. The sound just gets very crackly during the types of noises that are very loud (like very high pitched or low pitched things, like i said such as explosions or vocaloid music at times)... possibly it just has a bad connection as it seems really weak where the cable connects to the left ear cup... if I poke at it I get some static and it slides back and forth a bit.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W