Corsair Air 240 Fan Config

d1screet

Hello,

I am planning on building a computer with this case: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-Airflow-MicroATX-Mini-ITX/dp/B00LA6WXEO

It is my understanding that the case itself comes with 3x120mm fans, two on the front and one at the top.

After reading around about optimal cooling configurations of computer cases, I was wondering about how many sites seem to recommend negative pressure (more exhaust than intake). My question is, how can I best achieve this with this case? The rear exhaust grates only accept 80mm fans so if I wanted to put rear exhaust fans I'd need to buy more.

My plan at the moment is to have 1x120mm fan at the bottom of the front grille as intake, and then 2x120mm fans at the top of the case as exhaust.This way, I have more fans and more pressure pushing air out of my case than in. My question is, is this a good setup for my fans or should I simply buy some 80mm for rear exhaust (and move one of the 120mm fans on top back to the front grille as intake?

Thank you all for your help!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Case: Corsair Air 240 White Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB PSU: Corsair CX500 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Operating System: Windows 8.1N

Negative air pressure is bad imo

It will create suction and pull dust in to your PC through little cracks and such.

I'd leave the current config as it is.

Hello,

I am planning on building a computer with this case: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-Airflow-MicroATX-Mini-ITX/dp/B00LA6WXEO

It is my understanding that the case itself comes with 3x120mm fans, two on the front and one at the top.

After reading around about optimal cooling configurations of computer cases, I was wondering about how many sites seem to recommend negative pressure (more exhaust than intake). My question is, how can I best achieve this with this case? The rear exhaust grates only accept 80mm fans so if I wanted to put rear exhaust fans I'd need to buy more.

My plan at the moment is to have 1x120mm fan at the bottom of the front grille as intake, and then 2x120mm fans at the top of the case as exhaust.This way, I have more fans and more pressure pushing air out of my case than in. My question is, is this a good setup for my fans or should I simply buy some 80mm for rear exhaust (and move one of the 120mm fans on top back to the front grille as intake?

Thank you all for your help!

i 2nd the poster above, also use the biggest fans you can, well 120mm od 140mm not alot of great 200mm fans. Check temps when ypu build, i think you wont need any, might want some.

Ok, I suppose that worrying about this in-depth isn't going to make a huge difference after all.

I'll stick with the default fan configuration that is included in the case and make sure I manage cables well in order to promote good air-flow within the case itself rather than worry about positive/negative pressure within the case. Thanks for replying, everyone!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Case: Corsair Air 240 White Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB PSU: Corsair CX500 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Operating System: Windows 8.1N