Grand Theft Auto V Video Card Showdown

HDD vs SDD loading times defenitly is something i would like to see. Since the game is sooo big, and hi res textures must be well big. I get sometimes 8/10 min to load my online game with my 1TB green caviar (only) drive, wich has like 10% free space (poor guy is barely breathing). I dunno if those loading times are usual for all game users, or maybe just hdd ones.

Ty guys.

Is there any way to make a video with minimum system req., I saw some examples of GTA V that have worked even on specs that are weaker than official GTA V minimum system req.?

And about the video, is the result for 2 core cpu's, example of Core 2 Duo results?  :huh:

4. Peak VRAM usage for each card would be a neat thing to add to the FPS charts.  I'm very curious as to what kind of VRAM is actually being used on 2 GB or even 3 GB cards.

Everything as high as it goes at 1080p uses 3.7 - 3.8GB VRAM for me and my GTX 980. I did peak at 4GB though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

There's more to this than meets the eye.

I don't understand something. How can the 750ti only get about 30fps when my 650 Ti Boost 2GB gets 120+ fps?

I think you should tweak the game to show the maximum each card can handle to get 60fps with no stutters. I think the 750ti handled the game so bad because of the VRam usage. If you showed this, we could get much better performance, because GTA is not playable if the VRAM usage bar is red for a card in the settings menu.

Also, you could try loading NVIDIA GeForce optimised game defaults for each card.

Edit: I had so much trouble with this game at first because I used the NVIDIA defaults which put 2330MB settings on my tiny 1023MB card at the time. You're going to have real issues if you don't have a 4GB card!

The goal is to compare the cards. Not show how to get the best performance of each card. The settings have to be a constant.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Everything as high as it goes at 1080p uses 3.7 - 3.8GB VRAM for me and my GTX 980. I did peak at 4GB though.

Vram usage on a 4 GB card works very differently than a 2 GB card. Generally games will use available vram, but may not require it. Which is why I'd like to have it for each card.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Vram usage on a 4 GB card works very differently than a 2 GB card. Generally games will use available vram, but may not require it. Which is why I'd like to have it for each card.

It will want to fill it. Some Titan X users are hitting near 8GB i think. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I tried this game in a "Way" and my 770 couldnt handle it at medium :/ r.i.p kepler. How is this game running well on cabagges and my horse is dying to even drag it x-x

Groomlake Authority

Yes, I would like CPU comparisons as well.

PC Specs

Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 32GB (8x4GB) | MSI GTX 980 +200MHz +200MHz | Corsair HX1050i PSU

Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Western Digital 2TB Green HDD | Corsair Carbide 500R Midtower | Random DVD Burner | Corsair H100 for CPU

7990 here, runs great at 4k (30-55fps depending on what I'm doing). I play in 1080p most of the time because I want a higher frame rate but the game looks sick in 4k. 

cool, sounds like 1440p should be easy enough to run then

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Definitely like to see more of this style game reviews, it will help us see which of our hardware needs upgrading and first time buyers or builders.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice game review, I think it will be nice to see some vram usage on the next game review. Keep going like this..!!