2 R7 260x crossfire how?

n2unez

Do I need a crossfire cable for 2 R7 260x cards?

One of them is an MSi and the other is XFX

yes you do

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yea, most likely. It should come with either your motherboard (if it supports crossfire) or the graphics cards.

But.. Why would even want to crossfire those..? You'd be better off getting a single 280x.

Yeah I need to agree with Lolzious here... the way multi-GPU support is going right now, I wouldn't Crossfire or SLI anything under a R9 290x/GTX 980

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

running two weak gpus isn't really a good idea. too much noise and heat for not enough gain. but if you already have the cards you are committed. you will need the cable, the only cards on the market that can crossfire without the bridge are the 290 and 290x

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

What if I sell both my R7 260x cards and get one R9 290x card?

What if I sell both my R7 260x cards and get one R9 290x card?

so long as your power supply can handle it and your cpu won't cause a major bottleneck i'd go for it.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB