Cooler Master Nepton 240m Issues

Since installing my Nepton 240m cooler I have been having occasional issues with my cpu temps where they have been upwards of 10-30 degrees C above normal idle temps, let alone when playing games (csgo and even LoL) where sometimes they have reach ridiculously high temps of 80+ degrees C where I have had to turn my system off. When running properly I get idle temps at around high 20's to low 30's and under load sits around 40-50. When however my issue does occur, simply shutting down my computer and turn it on straight away resolves the issue instantly dropping the cpu core temps by 30+ degrees back to their normal temps. This issue never occurred before installing the new all in one water cooler and I was wondering what the issue may be. The 2 fans are connected to the cpu fan header (run perfectly all the time). The pump is connected to the cpu opt header. I could be wrong but i think the pump seems to stop or not be running in the first place when the issue occurs. Could it be a faulty pump? Would that raise the temps by such a large amount even at idle though? Thanks in advance for your help.