CyberPower’s Trinity PC Goes from Prototype to Shipping Product

Dang this is one really good looking case. i just wish that they would sell it as just the case and not a build to order.

you can now officially buy it. You can NOT buy it as a case alone. you would have to pay for it to be build for you. 

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/04/25/cyberpowers-trinity-pc-goes-from-prototype-to-shipping-product/

cyberpower-trinity-2.jpgCyberPower-Trinity-PC.jpg

inb4 people complain about the price, not realizing the amount of work put into making that kind of case.

Also OP, you should read the stickied post in this section about the tech news guidelines.

The case is definitely interesting and unique. I guess the function is alright but how is the cooling capacity.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Those configs aren't very good for the price (Yes, I know all the R&D for the Chasis drives it's price up), I assume the cooling capacity will also be bad.

This seems unique, but not practical, or good looking (IMHO). All the cables going from different parts of the case just seems like it would be ugly.

Move power cables to the middle, and it'll look decent.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

inb4 people complain about the price, not realizing the amount of work put into making that kind of case.

Also OP, you should read the stickied post in this section about the tech news guidelines.

Um... What? It's just a case..

?

It's a pre-built machine that starts at over $900 (USD) for a mere Kaveri chip and a laughable GPU for the price of the whole system. So the case is the most expensive part in that regard.

People are going to complain about it's price, the same people who would never even buy the fucking thing in the first place, and call it a piece of shit and yada yada.

It's all been said before about things like this.

?

It's a pre-built machine that starts at over $900 (USD) for a mere Kaveri chip and a laughable GPU for the price of the whole system. So the case is the most expensive part in that regard.

People are going to complain about it's price, the same people who would never even buy the fucking thing in the first place, and call it a piece of shit and yada yada.

It's all been said before about things like this.

Yea, but how much effort and money could have gone in to it? It's not that special imo

That required its own engineering and manufacturing to make. Contrary to armchair expert belief, niche items that don't make a lot in units are notoriously expensive to bring to market, since your amortization isn't and won't be spread across thousands or hundreds of thousands of units. 

Hence the increased costs in making a case from scratch. They don't just put a bunch of metal together and call it a day. People need to figure out the production steps, the costs, the molds, the very engineering so it can actually support components and not fail structurally. 

But nah, lets shitpost about the expense of a niche case. 

Yea, but how much effort and money could have gone in to it? It's not that special imo

The R&D put into it by paid engineers (note the paid, means that costs money), the designs that they come up with and iterations of prototypes that cost more money which are built with machines that cost tons and tons of even more money.

This is just like the people who called Google a bunch of cheats or some shit because Google Glass costed a mere $80 or so in actual parts. What they don't take into account are the engineers who work their asses off to make the thing, then the machines to actually make the parts that costs shit tons of money, all for $80 in actual parts.

You're not paying for the cost in parts, you're paying for the work put into making the thing at a minimal level.

That required its own engineering and manufacturing to make. Contrary to armchair expert belief, niche items that don't make a lot in units are notoriously expensive to bring to market, since your amortization isn't and won't be spread across thousands or hundreds of thousands of units.

Hence the increased costs in making a case from scratch. They don't just put a bunch of metal together and call it a day. People need to figure out the production steps, the costs, the molds, the very engineering so it can actually support components and not fail structurally.

But nah, lets shitpost about the expense of a niche case.

It's 955 for base system lol.

It's 955 for base system lol.

And a whopping chunk of that cost comes from the case. 

The price would be no different if a TJ07 was used instead - thats the kind of one off case design we're talking about. Low quantity, high quality. 

The price would be no different if a TJ07 was used instead - thats the kind of one off case design we're talking about. Low quantity, high quality. 

OriginPC's cases cost about as much as Cyber's case does when they did a run of case sales. I still remember people taking a shit on OriginPC because of how much the case costed.

If I had a job at the time I probably would have bought one. I love it's modularity and how minimal I could make it look with little effort.

I have never seen a cyberpower custom case in real life before so I am not sure about the quality but it does sure look awesome. I wonder if they manufacture it or if they have a partner company.

Was wondering what was going on with this case. Been a while since I heard about it.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

So the GPU is separated from the other high heat out put components... Interesting...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

That is an awesome looking case. Too bad they didn't do it the right way and just sell the case alone.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Looks like it has terrible cooling. It's basically only open via the mesh on the back.

In their picture they don't even have a blower card in there. Must be a roasting oven.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

Even if they were to sell the case on it's own it looks fucking stupid to me, regardless of price. I much rather have a vendor like Digital Storm to sell their custom cases.

Overview-1.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------