I Prefer 30FPS over 60FPS?

Lolzious

stare.gif

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

im not one who can really tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps despite what everyone claims. I swear some people just say they can to fit in!! even in tech demos trying to show the difference i can't tell!!

ill stick to 60fps 4k just because i can lol

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

You may have a brain tumor.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

30fps with a mouse is pretty much unplayble.
With a controller 30fps is enough but it still gives me headache.

RTX2070OC 

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

So.. I have a confession to make... 30 frames per second just.. looks better. It does, in my opinion, look more cinematic. 

You can't do that comparison, you simply can't, and if you do, you're wrong.

Films have a natural blur which is what makes them look good.

Computer graphics don't have natural blur, every frame is rendered perfect, no blur.

You can't claim that 30FPS in videogames look more "cinematic" because that's not how CG works.

In order to achieve the same look, you need higher framerates or find a way to add natural blur to videogames.

In games (and to a point in movies) 60+FPS > 30FPS.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

You can't do that comparison, you simply can't, and if you do, you're wrong.

Films have a natural blur which is what makes them look good.

Computer graphics don't have natural blur, every frame is rendered perfect, no blur.

You can't claim that 30FPS in videogames look more "cinematic" because that's not how CG works.

In order to achieve the same look, you need higher framerates or find a way to add natural blur to videogames.

In games (and to a point in movies) 60+FPS > 30FPS.

Motion blur.

g8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Gate?

I prefer 60 FPS though.

im not one who can really tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps despite what everyone claims. I swear some people just say they can to fit in!! even in tech demos trying to show the difference i can't tell!!

ill stick to 60fps 4k just because i can lol

We all know this is a troll thread. You are a troll too.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I prefer 30fps on my system too for a lot of games. However that is both because I'm okay with 30, and mostly because small dips from 60 to 55-58 make for a far worse experience than any other range. For this system(I'm guessing based on experience) in the 55-58 range things do not mesh/sync well with the monitor to the point where it hurts my eyes and quickly furnishes me with a headache. Feels like a my eyes can't focus or like I'm seeing 2 different things in each eye. Even if I'm not moving around and just displaying a static view, I can't look at it for long before having to stop. And I can't tell you why, it doesn't appear to be tearing, stuttering/juttering; it is just transmitting imperceptible electromagnetic pain.

Am I the o only one that doesn't have headaches from things like this? 20 30 fps still nothing

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I honeslty don't mind 30ish FPS. I'm using my iGPU until I can afford a discreet GPU in about a week, so I can't get high FPS, and it's really not that bad.

So.. I have a confession to make... 30 frames per second just.. looks better. It does, in my opinion, look more cinematic. Whenever I'm playing, say, GTA 5, and my game jumps to 60+ FPS, I think it looks terrible... really fake, I guess.

Sometimes I find myself locking my game to 30fps, or turning settings up to acheive lower frame rates.

I've tried setting my monitor to 24hz, but that's un-playable to me.. Yet 30fps is amazing.. O.o

Maybe I should sell my PC and get a PS4/XBONE?

No fucking way. PC MASTER RACE!

Anyways, is this weird? Does anyone else feel this way?

I do know what you mean...60FPS does look weirdly accelerated and non-cinematic... For gaming I prefer it, videos in 60FPS are cool but I still need to get used to them. Every time on Youtube when I'm switched to 60FPS, it just weirdly accelerates the video. But 60 is the way to go...imho

It does indeed look more cinematic, but it feels worse when playing.

60Hz+ everyday.

Yessssss. This.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

With GTA 5 TBH the things that annoy me the most are low shadow details and low res textures. So the first thing I did was load the recommended setting, be annoyed with the quality, ignore suggested limits (2GB VRAM FTL), put texture quality upto high, turn up shadow quality to very high and then... turn every other setting down until I got this at 1080p....

Frames under 16ms (for 60fps): 
Pass 0: 758/776 frames (97.68%)
Pass 1: 859/876 frames (98.06%)
Pass 2: 857/860 frames (99.65%)
Pass 3: 889/904 frames (98.34%)
Pass 4: 9107/9862 frames (92.34%)

If you're not aiming for 60fps and you have the hardware to get it. What are you doing?

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I do know what you mean...60FPS does look weirdly accelerated and non-cinematic... For gaming I prefer it, videos in 60FPS are cool but I still need to get used to them. Every time on Youtube when I'm switched to 60FPS, it just weirdly accelerates the video. But 60 is the way to go...imho

Yessssss. This.

You know that guy is a troll? The cinematic bs isn't even original.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

With GTA 5 TBH the things that annoy me the most are low shadow details and low res textures. So the first thing I did was load the recommended setting, be annoyed with the quality, ignore suggested limits (2GB VRAM FTL), put texture quality upto high, turn up shadow quality to very high and then... turn every other setting down until I got this at 1080p....

Frames under 16ms (for 60fps):

Pass 0: 758/776 frames (97.68%)

Pass 1: 859/876 frames (98.06%)

Pass 2: 857/860 frames (99.65%)

Pass 3: 889/904 frames (98.34%)

Pass 4: 9107/9862 frames (92.34%)

If you're not aiming for 60fps and you have the hardware to get it. What are you doing?

For me the jaggies are fucking shit.... I hate them. I would turn on msaa but I don't want to go to 45ish fps.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

You know that guy is a troll? The cinematic bs isn't even original.

I'm not a troll ._.

I contribute to this forum on a daily basis, if I wanted to troll, I'd go on Youtube.

I'm not a troll ._.

I contribute to this forum on a daily basis, if I wanted to troll, I'd go on Youtube.

Did I tell you that you have a nice smile?

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Motion blur.

Motion blur can't be done right in videogames that's the problem, it just looks... wrong and bad.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

It's probably because when playing, you will be at 60fps then frop to 45 then back up to 60. But when playing at 30 you don't have any drops, so it seems smoother. 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i start to feel bad if i play any kind of action game 30fps cause evry thing feels laggy and does not respond instantly and just starts to feel bad and i just turn off those games immediately if i cant find a fix. it was the main reason i did not play gta5 on consoles saw my brother play it and played it for few mins when he had a break and just could not play it cause i started feeling like i would vomit.

GR8 B8 M8 20000000/8.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

We all know this is a troll thread. You are a troll too.

not a single word there was intended to troll.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

not a single word there was intended to troll.

Meeh whatever. The thing that got me hooked is the "Cinematic" Bullshit. That shit is/was viral.

And still... 60fps is just faster. More fluid. 30fps is like you have some eye cancer. But I was thinking about a controller. The most noticable difference in 30fps is the mouse movement. Is there a way to simulate a controller? I mean like press an arrow key and the camera moves like with the controller? Thats the best I can explain.

NAZIS WILL RISE.