$1200 laptop for school?

via

in the next year or so i plan to buy a new laptop to finish high school and take to collage, any suggestions? SSD required, id like it to be atleast 256GB but not a must, 8GB of ram is always good, and MUST BE LIGHT.

EVGA GTX 970 - i5 4460 - Enthoo Pro M

MacBook Air. Or the new MacBook.

Either will last you forever.

http://www.amazon.com/Newest-Model-Dell-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/dp/B00TIWQYNI/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1430013790&sr=1-2&keywords=Dell+xps+13

*Admiral Palpatine voice* Apparently, Don't do it.

No, don't do it. I had a Broadwell i7 laptop. Could hardly check my email with reasonable load speeds. Froze up a lot. I just returned it today, actually. A quad core is the only thing that is useful and I doubt that that dual core will last more than a year.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Buy yourself a $500 netbook. You literally do not need more. You are taking notes in word or notepad. bruh

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

No they really won't.

You're right, they're garbage and will barely last 6 months.

Better go with a plastic laptop that has only two hinge connection points!

I still use my MacBook from 2006 on a daily basis, and it's still running like a champ after 2 coffee spills and countless drops.

That's a plastic MacBook, by the way.

microsoft surface pro, light, thin, touchscreen, it also has a keyboard that is an extra accesory

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

You're right, they're garbage and will barely last 6 months.

Better go with a plastic laptop that has only two hinge connection points!

I still use my MacBook from 2006 on a daily basis, and it's still running like a champ after 2 coffee spills and countless drops.

That's a plastic MacBook, by the way.

lol shots fired 

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

lol shots fired 

Tired of the same 'apple sucks!' mentality.

You can hate Apple with all your might, but that doesn't change their impressive products.

Tired of the same 'apple sucks!' mentality.

You can hate Apple with all your might, but that doesn't change their impressive products.

"new macbook" is stupid though

I mean srsly...  

call me a hater, I spent 2.2k on a MBP...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

microsoft surface pro, light, thin, touchscreen, it also has a keyboard that is an extra accesory

surface pro is horrid.

EVGA GTX 970 - i5 4460 - Enthoo Pro M

lol shots fired 

I actually own two of those MacBooks, they both are the top of the line spec one. Can't even load YouTube. And replaced the battery 3 times on both, I get about 20 mins today. 

I guess it works, but not actually usable for online tasks, photoshop from 2006 does not even work on it properly, and did not then either because of fucking PowerPC.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I actually own two of those MacBooks, they both are the top of the line spec one. Can't even load YouTube. And replaced the battery 3 times on both, I get about 20 mins today. 

I guess it works, but not actually usable for online tasks, photoshop from 2006 does not even work on it properly, and did not then either because of fucking PowerPC.

lol wot

what mac?

"new macbook" is stupid though

I mean srsly...  

call me a hater, I spent 2.2k on a MBP...

I would kill for it.

The one port is off-putting, but buy a usb-c to usb converter and it's fine. The battery lasts like 12+ hours, so it's not like you'll constantly need to charge it.

In two years, all laptops will have minimal ports. Bookmark this page and come back in 2017 :P

surface pro is horrid.

Surface Pro 3 is one of the best ultraportables (Considering reviews and sales). Horrid is subjective.

lol wot

what mac?

The one that you replied with "Shots fired" on. The 2006 MacBook that was said to be "Usable" and I was just saying that it is not usable for modern tasks.

You mean the '06? I have the late 2006, which is the second MacBook to have Intel. I have the higher-end 2GHz Core 2 Duo model with 'maxed' 3GB of RAM :P

720p YT is the highest the poor GMA 950 can go.

No, don't do it. I had a Broadwell i7 laptop. Could hardly check my email with reasonable load speeds. Froze up a lot. I just returned it today, actually. A quad core is the only thing that is useful and I doubt that that dual core will last more than a year.

The one that you replied with "Shots fired" on. The 2006 MacBook that was said to be "Usable" and I was just saying that it is not usable for modern tasks.

I'm not GAMING on it.

Any site works fine other than heavy flash things, and it runs OS X lion, which still has enough app support.

Mainly I love the keyboard, and use it for schoolwork and essays.

I would kill for it.

The one port is off-putting, but buy a usb-c to usb converter and it's fine. The battery lasts like 12+ hours, so it's not like you'll constantly need to charge it.

In two years, all laptops will have minimal ports. Bookmark this page and come back in 2017 :P

yeah but dat CPU...

unless all peripherals become wireless, no one will want to carry all those splitters

You mean the '06? I have the late 2006, which is the second MacBook to have Intel. I have the higher-end 2GHz Core 2 Duo model with 'maxed' 3GB of RAM :P

720p YT is the highest the poor GMA 950 can go.

I have the late 2005 PowerPC G4 @ 1.4GHz. And a late 2005 1.3GHz PowerPC. Both with 1GB RAM. 

I'm not GAMING on it.

Any site works fine other than heavy flash things, and it runs OS X lion, which still has enough app support.

Mainly I love the keyboard, and use it for schoolwork and essays.

I said modern tasks. Not gaming. 

IMO the best school laptops are Macbooks

basically what im saying is, get the macbook

(take this with a grain of salt, coming from someone who uses a MBA as their daily driver for high school)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)