How loud will my PC be?

Go to solution Solved by Suffokation,

Hey mate, your PC will be quite... quite... But, i'd recommend downgrading the processor to a i5 4460 and then purchasing a more powerful GPU with the left over cash. I would recommend a GTX 960 M-ITX if you can fit it, or a 760 M-ITX.

Hope this helped.

Building a new gaming PC in the Silverstone Raven RVZ01.

Stock fan(s) -  Silverstone 120mm Slim @ 18dB

Additional Fan -  Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm PWM @ 16.9 dB 

CPU Cooler -  Cooling the Intel Core i5 4690S, Noctua LH-L9i @ 14.8 dB (with L.N.A)

GPU - Asus GTX 750 Ti Strix OC @ 0dB  

HDD - Western Digital Green 4TB @ 28dB 

PSU - Silverstone ST45SF-G @ 18dB 

Of course, the system is only as quiet as the most noisy component in the PC. Therefore, my PC should be 28dB at max load. Is this silent or close to it? Can anyone with a PC around 30 dB explain how loud this would sound about 40cm away from me on my desk? 

Thanks ^.^

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB SSD: Adata SP900 128GB HDD: WD Green 4TB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960

Motherboard: Gigabyte H97N-WiFi PSU: Cooler Master V450S Case: Silverstone SG13

Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK Monitor: AOC i2367FH Headset: Tritton Kunai

@Xehanort

When you are gaming it will get louder, because the gpu and cpu fans will spin up a lot. Overall since you aren't using a silence optimized case, expect a noticeable amount of noise while it is running. It is pretty much impossible to know how loud your computer will be, before it is built and used. I can however say that you hdd will not be the noisiest component in your system. That will be your fans.

P.S. Don't forget to follow your own topics.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Building a new gaming PC in the Silverstone Raven RVZ01.

Stock fan(s) -  Silverstone 120mm Slim @ 18dB

Additional Fan -  Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm PWM @ 16.9 dB 

CPU Cooler -  Cooling the Intel Core i5 4690S, Noctua LH-L9i @ 14.8 dB (with L.N.A)

GPU - Asus GTX 750 Ti Strix OC @ 0dB  

HDD - Western Digital Green 4TB @ 28dB 

PSU - Silverstone ST45SF-G @ 18dB 

Of course, the system is only as quiet as the most noisy component in the PC. Therefore, my PC should be 28dB at max load. Is this silent or close to it? Can anyone with a PC around 30 dB explain how loud this would sound about 40cm away from me on my desk? 

Thanks ^.^

This is not how sound pressure (noise) works. Go look up Linus's FAP about it. The mesurment dba can be quite confusing. Also manufacteurs like to ''lie'' about noise levels so those figures are not what you will see in real life. Generally it should be pretty quiet. 

Hey mate, your PC will be quite... quite... But, i'd recommend downgrading the processor to a i5 4460 and then purchasing a more powerful GPU with the left over cash. I would recommend a GTX 960 M-ITX if you can fit it, or a 760 M-ITX.

Hope this helped.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |