Galax announces watercooled GTX 980 and 970 HOF

Bouzoo

With this announcement, Galax announced two such cards, the GTX 970 HOF Watercooled and GTX 980 HOF Watercooled. Aside from the water blocks and clock speeds, the PCBs of both cards are identical to their air-cooled HOF counterparts.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/galax-hof-watercooled-graphics,28994.html#xtor=RSS-998

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I kinda like the way this looks. And i don't usually like white PCBs. nothings better than matte black though. 

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Could have at least included a picture.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Still waiting for a legit 4gb model, *still butthurt about the lies*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Still waiting for a legit 4gb model, *still butthurt about the lies*

What lies? It includes all the 4GB.. Yes the 970 has 4GB.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Ewww... That clear block really doesn't look nice with a white pcb. It might have looked better with a copper heatsink. Would have looked fantastic with a solid black block though.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Ewww... That clear block really doesn't look nice with a white pcb. It might have looked better with a copper heatsink. Would have looked fantastic with a solid black block though.

It'll look pretty cool with coloured fluid going through it.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

It'll look pretty cool with coloured fluid going through it.

I don't know I can't really picture it. I personally prefer clear liquid but even with coloured I don't think it will look good. I can't think of a colour it could be because it's already is too bright. The liquid would have to be something really dark to offset the white.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

I don't know I can't really picture it. I personally prefer clear liquid but even with coloured I don't think it will look good. I can't think of a colour it could be because it's already is too bright. The liquid would have to be something really dark to offset the white.

Well, I could see bright red or green working pretty well in a red/white or green/white build.

Could also do some sort of fluorescent liquid.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

After looking at the picture again I realized the giant HOF logo isn't a watermark. That is a seriously ugly logo. It's too bad, the card look awesome otherwise.

I liked the EKWB HoF coolers better (white color instead of transparent).

fc780-gtx-hof_detail_800.jpg

144Hz goodness

This isn't new. The 780Ti HOF V2 had a block installed.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

@LinusTech should have waited for this before doing his sub-zero build guide 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Could have at least included a picture.

compensating for the lazy OP

Sry, was 3 am when I posted this, went straight to bed after, could barely look.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I liked the EKWB HoF coolers better (white color instead of transparent).

fc780-gtx-hof_detail_800.jpg

That looks like milk chocolate

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Why are this cards still ending on a 2 slot connector in the back? If it's custom PBC why not make it 1 slot cards?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah that's called white chocolate kid. Milk is brown, white is...well...white and dark is near black.

Well, learned something new everdsay

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni