Can software cause a blue screen?

Kev1

2 years ago I receive a Mad Catz M.O.U.S. 9, It is my first mouse that have macro so I heavely utilise every button with madcatz software and put a shortcut to close Tabs on the mouse. then once in a while I start to make blue screen when I closed the last tab of firefox with the close tab shortcut on my mouse. At the beginning I tough it was firefox's problem, but 3 month ago I switch to Chrome and the same problem appear once in a while.

so is it possible that it's only the software and if you know how to fix this problem feel free otherwise I just want to know if it's a software issue or not

System

• CPU
    i5 3570k
  • Motherboard
    Asus P8z77 V-LK
  • RAM
    16GB (2x8GB) G. Skill ripjaws 1600
  • GPU
    AMD Readon 7850 2GB
  • Case
    Antec Nine Hundred
  • Storage
    1x OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB; 1x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; 1x WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    CORSAIR CX series CX600
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
  • Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate

my software are up to date

MOUS9_Mouse_7_0_29_22_x64_Drivers

MOUS9_Mouse_7_0_29_22_x64_Software

post-112655-0-47878500-1429997476_thumb.

CPU; i5 3570k | Motherboard; Asus P8z77 V-LK | RAM; 16GB (2x8GB) G. Skill ripjaws 1600 | GPU; AMD Readon 7850 2GB | Case; Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage; 1x OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB; 1x  Seagate Barracuda 1TB; 1x WD Green 3TB | PSU; SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Fanless | Cooling; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with LTT NF-F12 pwm  | Operating System; Windows 7 Ultimate |

Can a software cause a blue screen*

And yes, softwares and drives can be culprit of the blue screen, just google the blue screen error, most of the times the blue screen will mention if it's related to drivers or hardware errors 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

-snip-

Yeah, it is possible and sorry don't know how to fix it :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Can a software cause a blue screen*

The proper corrections are "Can software cause a blue screen?" or "Can software cause blue screens?"

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The proper corrections are "Can software cause a blue screen?" or "Can software cause blue screens?"

i'm being specific, there's a difference between "can softwares cause blue screen" and "can A software cause blue screen".

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

i'm being specific, there's a difference between "can softwares cause blue screen" and "can A software cause blue screen".

Can A software cause blue screen, still wouldn't be correct. 

Can A software cause blue screen, still wouldn't be correct. 

could you explain why it would be wrong? thank you .

Edit : you mean it's "can an software "

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

could you explain why it would be wrong? thank you .

I'm not entirely sure of the rule that applies to words ending in, ware. Well, software isn't just A item. Software is rather a whole class of things. The same that glassware is. So, for the singular form you would typically use 'a piece of software', or 'a software application'. 

Again, i think this is most common with the English language and in other languages the way you used it may be fine. Software can be used singularly, but more in the manner of 'A software package'.  

EDIT: 'Can AN software' still wouldn't be correct usage, as 'software' doesn't start with a vowel sound (exceptions apply). I'm by no means an expert on the English language though... 

@Rohith_Kumar_Sp how do you what the problem is with the blue screen

post-112655-0-32774400-1430000599_thumb.

CPU; i5 3570k | Motherboard; Asus P8z77 V-LK | RAM; 16GB (2x8GB) G. Skill ripjaws 1600 | GPU; AMD Readon 7850 2GB | Case; Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage; 1x OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB; 1x  Seagate Barracuda 1TB; 1x WD Green 3TB | PSU; SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Fanless | Cooling; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with LTT NF-F12 pwm  | Operating System; Windows 7 Ultimate |

@Rohith_Kumar_Sp how do you what the problem is with the blue screen

google that error id and if you have the dump file located at C:\Windows\Minidump , use apps such as "who crashed it" and search the error.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

My minidump is empty and I tried to search that error code and never found what was the problem with this one

My minidump is empty and I tried to search that error code and never found what was the problem with this one

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  2. Double-click System, and then click Advanced system settings.
  3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
  4. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k).

2737044.png

next time it happens , it will create a dump file 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  2. Double-click System, and then click Advanced system settings.
  3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
  4. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k).

2737044.png

next time it happens , it will create a dump file 

It was set to kernel memory dump for the first blue screen then I change to smal memory dump and neither or these create a dump file in Minidump ;(

Follow method A in my guide here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/354634-bsod-posting-instructions-please-read/

Post back with details.

Even without dump files we can look at the system performance monitor and error log. Hopefully something shows up!

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I will try this guide and keep you in touch thanks for the help ;)

Well, I'm going through the files now, wasn't expecting them to be in French, luckily that won't be a problem.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Quick question: Did you forget to install some drivers?

I'm seeing that some drivers are failing to start or are not found. Do you mind posting a screenshot of what your device manager looks like?

So far, i'm seeing the following things missing:

4 bluetooth drivers, 1 smbus driver, and some media device that isn't having its drivers loaded properly.

Just to make sure: You have AVG installed?

the first time I plug the usb bluetooth dongle windows install or at least try to install the driver but my bluetooth dongle always work since day 1

post-112655-0-93741200-1430011576.jpg

the first time I plug the usb bluetooth dongle windows install or at least try to install the driver

What type of dongle is it? You will most likely have to download the software and install the driver.

Also follow the instructions here for the SMBUS controller: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/96442-device-manager-finding-unknown-devices.html

Post back with the Hardware ID.

unkown device is:

Apowersoft_AudioDevice

the dongle is Asus USB-BT211

I just found the mini cd I'll install the driver

and the bus controler the ID is: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04

It seems that i don't have the right chipset driver

unkown device is:

Apowersoft_AudioDevice

the dongle is Asus USB-BT211

I just found the mini cd I'll install the driver

and the bus controler the ID is: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04

It seems that i don't have the right chipset driver

I would download the latest driver from ASUS's website actually.

Also, you need to install Intel's chipset driver from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775

Do you have any Apower software installed from here: http://www.apowersoft.com/ ?

Thank you for refreshing my computer a little bit but I just tested my mouse and the problem is still there :(

Thank you for refreshing my computer a little bit but I just tested my mouse and the problem is still there :(

Were not done!

Did you install the Intel chipset driver I linked to? 

Also, go to: http://madcatz.com/downloads/

And download both the latest macro software and the latest driver for the mouse.

I already have the latest driver however they have release a fresh new software because last week I check and I was up to date so the new software is installed ... nope... I just got another blue screen :(