Apple Watch Rant!

xxMega11xx

K.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Is this somehow exclusive to the Apple Watch?

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I wonder if the apple watch bends too... xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

altomate rant

My £30 watch can survive being dropped form 10x that height...

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Nerd rage amuses me. Even a keyboard warrior has enough arm strength to do that to any watch, even sapphire crystal ones. 

Not even gonna watch the video. I assume its just the standard glass edge fell on a hard surface and shattered, ergo the watch is shit? 

Also how does this in any universe count as news. Or this post as abiding by the guidelines??

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Ah the regular Apple hate is found here on these forums too. How sad.

Take any watch and let it fall face first to the ground and the results will be the same. 

Pretty sure that was more of an, encouraged, drop. Rather than just a free fall drop. But, whatever keeps you happy. 

Ah the regular Apple hate is found here on these forums too. How sad.

Take any watch and let it fall face first to the ground and the results will be the same. 

Just because one users has shown disliking towards Apple, that makes it sad? If you're so unimpressed with what you have found on the forum, what are you still doing here? 

Ugh I hate that guy. I remember he was doing an iphone drop test a few gens back, and you could tell he smashed the screen with a hammer cause it was in the background and had a hammer print or something. I don't trust him anymore for legitimate durability tests

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I'd like to see a comparison with a swiss made watch which costs the same.

@ Lithicas The first drop was a free-fall from 3.5 to 4 feet.. I've never had or seen any watch smash with that kind of drop... The throws after.. that was just stupid.

Dunno if this is honest vid though.. From the comments above and seeing his others, I don't like the cut to the slow-mo drop as it gives opportunity to smash and cut it together.

Also, the sports watch doesn't get sapphire glass??? Why, it's the most likely to take a knock!! Ok yea costs but daaamn.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Nerd rage amuses me. Even a keyboard warrior has enough arm strength to do that to any watch, even sapphire crystal ones. 

Considering most high end watches worth their salt these days can survive the second "on face" drop (that happens more often than not to fuck you over due to the powers that be) don't instantly shatter like shown in this vid. Yes, that is a terrible design on a smart"watch" costing that amount of money.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

@ Lithicas The first drop was a free-fall from 3.5 to 4 feet.. I've never had or seen any watch smash with that kind of drop... The throws after.. that was just stupid.

Dunno if this is honest vid though.. From the comments above and seeing his others, I don't like the cut to the slow-mo drop as it gives opportunity to smash and cut it together.

Also, the sports watch doesn't get sapphire glass??? Why, it's the most likely to take a knock!! Ok yea costs but daaamn.

If you look closely at the south edge of the watch as he does the second "on face" drop test you can see the smashed powered glass particles appear when it hit's the ground.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Well what did you expect, glass smashes. Also why would you take the watch off unless you're charging it at home with carpet on the floor. I have owned my Moto 360 since Christmas and I've not got one scratch or crack on it.

Why do people get all up in arms because Glass Breaks, Aluminium Bends ect ect. Stop being clutzes or stop buying these products if you a clutz :lol:

Anyway Apple had to add features for the more expensive Apple Watches and adding sapphire glass to the more expensive ones is ... logical. Also you would expect Apple to be expensive thats just how they are.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

If you look closely at the south edge of the watch as he does the second "on face" drop test you can see the smashed powered glass particles appear when it hit's the ground.

Yea.. but was that from it smashing or was that just stuff that was left / it smashing more?

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Yea.. but was that from it smashing or was that just stuff that was left / it smashing more?

It appears as it hit's the deck on the 1st "face down" test. It's from the 1st time it smashes.