Best I7 core out there .

Ridska here ,

going to keep this short ,

i need the best i7 core out there that was made in the year 2014 or 2015 ( aka i need the fresh batch of i7 cpu's )

becasue i need to finish my pc project : mini Goliathon .

Any finnish or european websites should do , i cant buy outside of europe .

Thanks and stay funky :D

Edit : Shoe . almost forgot , my Mobo is a LGA 1150 ( asus Rog maximus impact VII )

(⌐■_■) 

Ridska here ,

i need the best i7 core out there that was made in the year 2014 or 2015 ( aka i need the fresh batch of i7 cpu's )

i7 4790K

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

i7 4790k

xeon e3 v3 127x I think

i7 5960k

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Ridska here ,

4790k unless you want to go on the 2011 platform. Then you could go all out with a 5960X :P

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

i7 4790K

i7 5960X

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

i7 4790k

xeon e3 v3 127x I think

i7 5960k

How is a xeon an i7?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

The Champion: 5960x

The Knight: 5820k

The Street-Fighter: 4790k

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

How is a xeon an i7?

Same chip, practically...

Sig under construction.

Same chip, practically...

Well doesent it not have the i7 branding and no igpu?

5960X, but that one is 1K USD.

4790K overall, or the 5820K if you want hex core.

@Ridska

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

-snip-

p.s Mobo is a lga 1150 , so need a cpu that is compatabile with the mobo .

Edited by colonel_mortis

(⌐■_■) 

i7 5960X

5960x is 2011v3 not 1150

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yes, I agree with you on not discussing this, but back on topic the i7 5960X ( 8 core :D)

+1

All hail to load Tedster.

lol

I saw someone with a 2:1 like ratio...

But lets not discuss this anymore, thread may get derailed

Damn, you caught my post before I edited it...

Sig under construction.

5960X, but that one is 1K USD.

4790K overall, or the 5820K if you want hex core.

@Ridska

Yeah i found one of them but one chap  in the forums was saying that all the other I7 cores that iv found are made in 2012 .

now you might say : '' whats the big diffrence ? '' well i belive , when it comes to hardware , 3 years can count as a decaid in the industry .

tech is like a wild fire , speds faster and grows bigger faster than i can finnish pewberty .

(⌐■_■) 

How is a xeon an i7?

Same chips (but binned) with some different bells and whistles.

LGA 1150 = 4790K

LGA 2011-v3 = 5960X

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Same chips (but binned) with some different bells and whistles.

And usually no iGPU

LGA 1150 = 4790K

LGA 2011-v3 = 5960X

Links please :D , and are they made in 2014 ?

(⌐■_■) 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Yeah i found one of them but one chap  in the forums was saying that all the other I7 cores that iv found are made in 2012 .

now you might say : '' whats the big diffrence ? '' well i belive , when it comes to hardware , 3 years can count as a decaid in the industry .

tech is like a wild fire , speds faster and grows bigger faster than i can finnish pewberty .

D:

Well, the 4790K is the best LGA 1150 i7 CPU.

(You edited your posts after I made my reply)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well doesent it not have the i7 branding and no igpu?

xeon e3 1246 v3 is a haswell refresh i7 4790 with more instructions .both have igpu.both are haswell refresh chips,both are quad cores with hyper threading and both go on the same socket

p.s Mobo is a lga 1150 , so need a cpu that is compatabile with the mobo .

which mobo? or more specific which chipset? if its z87/z97 get i7 4790k to overclock. if its h87/97,b85,h81 or you dont want to overclock get i7 4790 non K

xeon e3 1246 v3 is a haswell refresh i7 4790 with more instructions .both have igpu.both are haswell refresh chips,both are quad cores with hyper threading and both go on the same socket

which mobo? or more specific which chipset? if its z87/97 get i7 4790k to overclock. if its h87/97,b85,h81 or you dont want to overclock get i7 4790 non K

Oh ok, thanks for correcting me!