Cheapest Mechanical Keyboard?

Caleb SF

I was just curious on what the cheapest, yet decent, mechanical keyboard is.

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Depending if the switch you want is available, the Coolermaster Quickfire TK (or TKL) seems to be doing me really well

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

I can't remember its name (correct me if I'm wrong) but the TT Poseidon was really cheap. 

Some people think the Cherry clone switches are OK and even prefer them to MX, e.g. Kailh. Of course other people hate them so I'm sure personal preference matters a lot.

Zalman make a very cheap one: ZM-K500

As you're in the US, is it worth looking at Monoprice and Newegg/Rosewill?

Some people think the Cherry clone switches are OK and even prefer them to MX, e.g. Kailh. Of course other people hate them so I'm sure personal preference matters a lot.

Zalman make a very cheap one: ZM-K500

As you're in the US, is it worth looking at Monoprice and Newegg/Rosewill?

You could get that if ur low on funds but remember its build quality isnt as good and it has no backlighting

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

Used mechanical keyboards are pretty cheap, Just make sure you can physically see it first before you buy, people do take photos of parts when they first buy them so when they sell them they look brand new. craiglist maybe? Local pc parts store?

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

oh thanks, idk why i didnt think of that, do u know if the black widow tournament edition is any good?

I've got the black widow ultimate stealth, and I like it a lot. I use the macro buttons all the time. I wrote some scripts, so I've got some macro keys to do some basic windows functions like switching the default sound device, activating my screensaver, or switching the profiles on my devices to gaming mode etc...

The switches are supposed to be the same as Cherry MX Browns, but they're not. They're a bit heavier, which after using a real Cherry MX Brown keyboard, I personally prefer the heavier switch. The Browns where just too light for me, I was hitting the keys so hard that I wasn't actually getting any tactile feedback from the switches.

I can't remember its name (correct me if I'm wrong) but the TT Poseidon was really cheap. 

Yeah, the Thermaltake Poseidon Z was $60~ I believe two years ago for Boxing Day at Canada Computers with MIR.